2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top heavy with goal scorers? Not sure about that - we need more.

Are DCL and Kean ‘top quality finishers’ DCL didn’t score outside the 6 yard box last season and Kean is still an unknown quantity at Prem level.
You’ve got Brazilian, England and Italy innternationals there and they’re young. All three of them are very good finishers if they are given service. They need service though. Real Madrid and PSG are in for a couple of them, teams who aspire to the latter stages of the champs league. How many of our midfielders are getting linked with same?

Compare the quality of those three with the creativity we have in our midfield and the disparity is massive. So yes, I’d say we’re top heavy. No point adding more goal scorers if we don’t improve the service to them first. At least that’s what I’d be focussing on if I were Brands….

I don’t dislike him as a person but lets not pretend that he wasn’t objectively dreadful for an entire season.

Slotting against bums in the Olympics isn’t going to suddenly fill me with hope that he’s going to become boss all of a sudden next season.

He had a poor season in a poor team, yet his goals still won us 12 points. We missed him when he never played, as well.

It seems like we need to generate the money for incomings by making sales. I had hoped we could find a taker for Iwobi on a hugely reduced fee of about 15m, or Keane / Holgate / Gomes for the same price, or Kean....... Alas it doesn't look like we can sell any of them, even though they cost in excess of 120 odd million to bring in. The nightmare scenario now will be we look to replace our better players because they are the only ones we can sell for good money. Sad.

I’ve thought for a while that we should sit him down, tell him we want him to stay, but, that if he chooses to leave his fee has to be 90 million plus. If someone comes in with that kind of ridiculous money, we sell him, if not, he stays.

Might be a way of keeping him for another year, while still having him give 100%.

I don't think that the way Ancelotti played him last season did him any favors. He was played far too deep and expected to do far too much defending. That’s why I’m surprised to hear the persistent rumours of him going to Madrid. I don’t think Richarlison was very happy with his role under Carlo last season.

I don't think that the way Ancelotti played him last season did him any favors. He was played far too deep and expected to do far too much defending. That’s why I’m surprised to hear the persistent rumours of him going to Madrid. I don’t think Richarlison was very happy with his role under Carlo last season.

He's been getting linked with Atleti recently, which makes more sense to me. Richy would be a perfect Simeone player.

Like the other ten ....plus substitutes who never made the bench ......

who cares where he scores them from as long as they go in?

the mind boggles

A goal is a goal, but I’m asking if people think he is really a ‘top class’ finisher as suggested. I wouldn’t fancy him in a one v one with the keeper for a start.

I don’t dislike him as a person but lets not pretend that he wasn’t objectively dreadful for an entire season.

Slotting against bums in the Olympics isn’t going to suddenly fill me with hope that he’s going to become boss all of a sudden next season.
He was clearly poor last season and nobody should suggest otherwise. However, we've also previously seen what he can produce in terms of performances.

Add to that, as a team or squad we were poor for large swathes of last season with a fair few players clearly under performing in terms of their ability.

The point therefore is that we shouldn't write him off yet just like we shouldn't be giving him subjective, unwarranted freedom or praise.

He was clearly poor last season and nobody should suggest otherwise. However, we've also previously seen what he can produce in terms of performances.

Add to that, as a team or squad we were poor for large swathes of last season with a fair few players clearly under performing in terms of their ability.

The point therefore is that we shouldn't write him off yet just like we shouldn't be giving him subjective, unwarranted freedom or praise.
Shouldn’t write him off just yet
That’s a bizarre thing to say.

the lad is 24 a regular in the Brazil squad since 21. Averages a goal every 3 games in the premier league, while finishing mid table for 3 years. Playing under 3 different managers, countless different systems. He’s played left, right and central.

There are other players, With nowhere near as good a record as him, who get lauded. IE Traore at wolves. And players in teams finishing 2nd/3rd surrounded by world class players. Who also have worse or similar goal scoring records.

He’s not perfect and I think he will never create loads for his teammates playing wide, that’s not really his game. And does lose the ball cheaply at times. But keep him high up the pitch in a system that suits and the lad can be very hard to play against.

I remember seeing a goal comparison with him, Rashford, Jimenez at wolves and one or two others. What was interesting, was Richarlison goals were quite evenly spread between left foot, right foot and his head. While someone like Rashford scored something like 85% of his goals via his right foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.