2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems mad that he's playing at the Olympics. He must be the best player in the whole tournament by a mile. He didn't need to go, it was a bad decision on his part
Must be a Brazilian thing, been sending a lot of their best players there for a while. Other countries seem to just have a separate under 23 side that goes.

I think it shows he is unsure of his status in the game.
He is still trying to prove himself.
If he signed for Madrid in May or June I doubt he would be at the Olympics now or would have wanted to go.

Must be a Brazilian thing, been sending a lot of their best players there for a while. Other countries seem to just have a separate under 23 side that goes.

I think it shows he is unsure of his status in the game.
He is still trying to prove himself.
If he signed for Madrid in May or June I doubt he would be at the Olympics now or would have wanted to go.

He wants to win things.

Hes won nothing with Everton.. simply wants to win in the Brazil shirt.

Im sure he would love to win something in England...but with our squad hes unlikely to do so.

Feel sorry for him really...top player.

If he moves then i'll try and watch him at his new club.

It feels like the Premiership FFP thing is a weight around the club's neck. It wouldn't surprise me if Richarlison is sold to make that all go away. I think only Richarlison and DCL are valuable enough to sort that out.

It feels like the Premiership FFP thing is a weight around the club's neck. It wouldn't surprise me if Richarlison is sold to make that all go away. I think only Richarlison and DCL are valuable enough to sort that out.

Or we could keep him and sell the group of useless brands signings + the leftovers from Koeman.

An Olympic Gold and proving yourself in front of your fellow nationals, which is a big drive for many Brazilians. From his point of view, the Olympics is important.
Yeah, but it all feeds into the weird culture of neediness that seems to envelope Brazilian football. They touchingly labour under the delusion that anybody other than a handful of countries care about Olympic football. This reached its apotheosis in Rio when they beat Germany 2-0 in the final and tried to pass it off as some kind of revenge for the epic 7-1 beatdown from the World Cup. How the Germans smirked and played along sportingly.

I don't blame Richarlison. He is doing what he wants to do. Good luck to him. However, that unquestionably comes at a cost to Everton - he isn't part of our pre-season preparation and, more significantly, will come back having played a full summer of competitive football. So, he'll need a break - on Everton's time. He won't care. Why should he. But I take the same view as a fan. I don't get attached to him or emotionally involve myself in his career. He's focused on himself, and fans need to do likewise. If he can make a proper contribution this season - unlike last - after his return, great. But I wouldn't bank on that. I'd accept an offer in excess of 60m for him in a heartbeat to ease our financial restrictions. Nothing personal, you understand. Just putting my club first.

Status
Not open for further replies.