2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I can understand concerns about DCL's ability to finish from outside the six yard box because he does probably miss those chances more than he scores them. I think with Richarlison you'd back him in those positions more often than not, and they weren't absolute sitters to be fair to him, just good chances. That's not to have a go at DCL either, just I can see why people get concerned his ability to put those chances away.

Agree with that too mate. The ones DCL is missing for me, and the ones Kane, Aguero, Lukaku etc make look very easy.

He seems to struggle to sort his feet quick enough, or wants an extra half step, which loses that split second difference to get that shot away.

Thats the 1 thing he lacks, not sure if he will ever get it....but he only needs to improve it a little bit to massively change our position in the league.

Love him but couldn't lace the boots of the top Brazil strikers.

We just need ONE breakthrough season from him, where he actually scores 15-20 and assists 5-10, and then if all of that helps us get into CL and then he leaves for £90m that'll be fine! At the moment, Barcelona/Real won't want him.

I'm a big fan, but I'm starting to think he doesn't really care how embarrassing these antics are and that they'll continue to happen.

I'm happy he was as involved as he was and was there to miss as many chances as he did, plus he played a brilliant through ball for DCL to do what he does best and hit the keeper.

He put in a shift and was desperate to score, but he is too desperate for goals and loses his cool more the longer the game goes on.

I'm a big fan, but I'm starting to think he doesn't really care how embarrassing these antics are and that they'll continue to happen.

I'm happy he was as involved as he was and was there to miss as many chances as he did, plus he played a brilliant through ball for DCL to do what he does best and hit the keeper.

He put in a shift and was desperate to score, but he is too desperate for goals and loses his cool more the longer the game goes on.
You know, I thought that- when he missed the first chance he looked wound up, almost too desperate to make amends.

Since Carlo challenged Richarlison to set a target of 30 goals at the start of the season, the Brazilian has been a bit cold in front of the sticks. Maybe the weight of expectation has affected him.

Great player but not sure he has the necessaries required to be a top slotter (too loco?). 10-15 goals a season and 5-10 assists as a winger/second striker is probably the ceiling?

We definitely need an extra winger/striker in the squad who can slot, which would take the pressure off a bit

Great player but not sure he has the necessaries required to be a top slotter (too loco?). 10-15 goals a season and 5-10 assists as a winger/second striker is probably the ceiling?

We definitely need an extra winger/striker in the squad who can slot, which would take the pressure off a bit
Yeah, another option would be really useful. What I like about Richy is that he can play across the front line so provides flexibility to play 451, 442, 433. He also seemed to knock in a goal when DCL wasn't scoring (and vice versa). Handy to have players capable of pinching goals regularly. Bar last night lol

I was hoping King would get more game time so we could play 433 more often, or swap players out who were not on form. Not happened for whatever reason.

Wasn't a good look, that "my ball" free-kick. Think Coleman should be in there to be honest telling him what's what. Bad for the team when a player does that.
I know it's because he is desperate to make amends for not scoring, rather than being say 10 years old, but it makes him look like he thinks he is better than he is.

Richarlison showed his lack of emotional maturity in the Palace game and (not for the first time) allowed himself to get wound up; once a player gets to that stage it's rare that they are able to compose themselves and go on to make a valuable contribution to the game. To be honest, his antics over the freekick brought back memories of the Mirallas penalty against WBA(?) some years back. The lad didn't do himself or Everton any favours at all yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.