2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reid, Sheedy Baines Gray world class? You must be joking. Reid struggled badly at international football. Sheedy nobody beyond of Liverpool had heard of him. Gray was one dimensional old fashioned striker but world class LOL. Baines got homesick and lonely playing for England never was world class. Southall played at a good level for 3 seasons before getting fat but wasnt involved in high class matches on the world scene to call him world class. Kanchelskis was the nearest of world class but only for a very small time. Being world class means performing for a long stretch of time on a high level. Ball i dont know . Surely at the world cup 1966 he was a good performer. Nobody outside England would have him as a world class performer. Lineker a good goal poacher but a to limited footballer to be something like world class. Dean was before my time.
Neville Southall not world class, lol, behave yourself, the greatest goalkeeper in the world for at least five years, in his prime. Alan Ball, though you admit to not seeing him was as well, God knows what these two would be worth nowadays.

Reid, Sheedy Baines Gray world class? You must be joking. Reid struggled badly at international football. Sheedy nobody beyond of Liverpool had heard of him. Gray was one dimensional old fashioned striker but world class LOL. Baines got homesick and lonely playing for England never was world class. Southall played at a good level for 3 seasons before getting fat but wasnt involved in high class matches on the world scene to call him world class. Kanchelskis was the nearest of world class but only for a very small time. Being world class means performing for a long stretch of time on a high level. Ball i dont know . Surely at the world cup 1966 he was a good performer. Nobody outside England would have him as a world class performer. Lineker a good goal poacher but a to limited footballer to be something like world class. Dean was before my time.

Southall was in team of the year 5 or 6 times as much as any goalkeeper. I don't think theres a debate on him. People who've watched him, still say they haven't seen a better goalkeeper.

Ball was MOTM in the world cup final, and went on some years later, havign scored 20+ from midfield and cruised to a league title (past a great Leeds side) to be sold for a world record fee. He played at the top level for about 15 years after that World Cup Final as well.

I believe Andy Grey won player and young player of the year in the same season?

Lineker scored 30 league goals (no penalties) and again was signed for a world record fee.

I don't think there's any debate on those 4.

You can add in Southworth,Lawton, Geary, Dean, Jones, Mercer, Latta, Parker would all fit into that criteria too.

As for the other names you've mentioned, probably more of a debate about how you define world class. Baines was the best in his position in the world for a period of time, and was very consistent over a loing period. Kanchelskis was fantastic for a period in the early to mid 90's. Hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.