2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without sounding like a bad stat-yank, he’s 15th in the league for most successful dribbles, with 51. And that’s with all the game time he’s missed this season. I’m pretty sure he was top earlier on in the season, but I know what you mean, he doesn’t appear to play like a winger.

edit: 8th in the league for successful dribbles.
Your a bad stat-Yank!

Without sounding like a bad stat-yank, he’s 15th in the league for most successful dribbles, with 51. And that’s with all the game time he’s missed this season. I’m pretty sure he was top earlier on in the season, but I know what you mean, he doesn’t appear to play like a winger.

edit: 8th in the league for successful dribbles.

what defines a succesful dribble though ? Because 99% of his dribbles are anything but a success and he rarely ever beats a man with them.

no idea mate, I was surprised when I seen the stat too. Just thought it was worth sharing.
I think a successful dribble is running past a defender in a forward direction and getting fouled or creating an attacking intent, (like an attempted cross, or pass, or shot). Without getting dispossessed.

My god the obsession with world class. Everton never had a world class player. Decent would be great. 11 decent players playing like a team would be great.
Am I reading this as Everton have never had a world class player????? Or have I taken this out of context?

Southall, Reid, Sheedy, Lineker, Dean, Ball, Baines, Kanchelskis, Gray ....... Nyarko

Am I reading this as Everton have never had a world class player????? Or have I taken this out of context?

Southall, Reid, Sheedy, Lineker, Dean, Ball, Baines, Kanchelskis, Gray ....... Nyarko
Reid, Sheedy Baines Gray world class? You must be joking. Reid struggled badly at international football. Sheedy nobody beyond of Liverpool had heard of him. Gray was one dimensional old fashioned striker but world class LOL. Baines got homesick and lonely playing for England never was world class. Southall played at a good level for 3 seasons before getting fat but wasnt involved in high class matches on the world scene to call him world class. Kanchelskis was the nearest of world class but only for a very small time. Being world class means performing for a long stretch of time on a high level. Ball i dont know . Surely at the world cup 1966 he was a good performer. Nobody outside England would have him as a world class performer. Lineker a good goal poacher but a to limited footballer to be something like world class. Dean was before my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.