2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are in a bad run of form should you not go back to basics? His effort really isn't there that often lately. He's running half heartedly. It just seems he's really down about something.

I agree, he was crap against West Ham.

But I don't see a lack of effort. he worked extremely hard v Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester. Got knocked out early in the second half v Man Utd.

West Ham was the first time this season I've seen him have a stinker in all facets of his game. Don't get me wrong, don't think he's been at his best much, but factors of his game have all been there if not the complete package. Was torrid on Friday.

Again though, this is why we need a better balance of options and not to be so reliant on one or two players.

Also, I keep saying it, but the system we played on Friday was crap. It pushed our midfielders wide and our wingers wider.

Richarlison isn't a winger and all West Ham did when he was on both sides was force him to stay on the touchline. When he did drop in, his touch was poor and his decision-making worse.

Problem with doing that is we'd have no direct pace on the wing if he's moved inside.

Don't get me wrong he's bene utterly horrific for about 8 games straight but he's our only real outlet for the left hand side.
This direct pace from Richarlison, where is it?How many times times does he go past a man on the outside seldom, because he never takes his opposing player on that way, not so long ago versus Chelsea he had a good four or five yards start on James, the Chelsea full back, James caught up with him with eas, this dribbling skill runs him into plenty of blind alleys, he wears blinkers, passes when he should be shooting and shoots when he should be passing, don’t think he is aware of his teammates half of the time, he’s one of our better forwards because, let’s be honest, how many have we got, and Dominic has been way ahead of him this season and scored the same amount of league goals last season, if I’m not mistaken.

This direct pace from Richarlison, where is it?How many times times does he go past a man on the outside seldom, because he never takes his opposing player on that way, not so long ago versus Chelsea he had a good four or five yards start on James, the Chelsea full back, James caught up with him with eas, this dribbling skill runs him into plenty of blind alleys, he wears blinkers, passes when he should be shooting and shoots when he should be passing, don’t think he is aware of his teammates half of the time, he’s one of our better forwards because, let’s be honest, how many have we got, and Dominic has been way ahead of him this season and scored the same amount of league goals last season, if I’m not mistaken.

I wasn't claiming he was rapid, he's just quicker than the likes of Bernard and can travel with the ball.

Read back on any of my posts on Richarlison and you'll see how disappointed I've been with him.

He's been nothing short of Mark Pembridge crap since his red card.

I wasn't claiming he was rapid, he's just quicker than the likes of Bernard and can travel with the ball.

Read back on any of my posts on Richarlison and you'll see how disappointed I've been with him.

He's been nothing short of Mark Pembridge crap since his red card.
Fair enough Mac, when he’s good he’s a better than average player but he disappoints far too often for me, I can honestly say I never expect too much from him, although he does surprise me at times with some of his performances, in a good way.

Fair enough Mac, when he’s good he’s a better than average player but he disappoints far too often for me, I can honestly say I never expect too much from him, although he does surprise me at times with some of his performances, in a good way.

He's certainly disappointed me far too much this season mate. I sound like a stuck record during the game with my "ffs Richarlison" "ffs Richarlison" "ffs Richarlison" every 6 minutes.

He's certainly disappointed me far too much this season mate. I sound like a stuck record during the game with my "ffs Richarlison" "ffs Richarlison" "ffs Richarlison" every 6 minutes.
Yes I know how you feel, versus WHU I don’t know how many times I used that expression “Ah ffs” and not just with Richarlison, the passing was abysmal, one player even passed the ball to the referee!! He got more than “Ah ffs”

Fans turn on our best players too easily

Lukaku was hounded out
Barkley got dogs abuse before he ended up leaving

Now Richarlison is the next one - he'll be sound once Digne is back just you watch.
No. People on here do. The views and goings on on here don’t remotely reflect my Everton mates’ opinions on things or the opinions of blues I’ve met around or most of the stuff you hear and see at the ground. The internet makes everything have to be at one end or the other of extremes whereas real life isn’t like that at all.

No. People on here do. The views and goings on on here don’t remotely reflect my Everton mates’ opinions on things or the opinions of blues I’ve met around or most of the stuff you hear and see at the ground. The internet makes everything have to be at one end or the other of extremes whereas real life isn’t like that at all.
You mean we're meant to have mates in real life ?

Fans turn on our best players too easily

Lukaku was hounded out
Barkley got dogs abuse before he ended up leaving

Now Richarlison is the next one - he'll be sound once Digne is back just you watch.

Digne makes everyone look better.

I tend to agree with the criticism of Lukaku (flat track bully) though he was well worth having, and Barkley deserved what he got by running down the clock, in candor.

That said, people need to ease up of Richarlison. Good players go through rough patches of form, eg: Digne this time last year.

He’s given a lot for the club. Usually the hardest working player on the pitch bar recent performances. He has a lot of people, particularly in Brazil, blowing smoke up his backside and asking him about moves to bigger clubs etc. He’ll need to raise his game if he’s serious about a move to one of the European super clubs.
There is no doubt he hasn’t been as effective this year. He’s certainly missing Digne right now, but he hasn’t looked right all season to me.

Our slow build up play doesn’t help him though.

He could do with a game or two at CF to rejuvenate him.

I have never, ever seen him dribble past a player with the ball, and still people think he’s a winger.
Without sounding like a bad stat-yank, he’s 15th in the league for most successful dribbles, with 51. And that’s with all the game time he’s missed this season. I’m pretty sure he was top earlier on in the season, but I know what you mean, he doesn’t appear to play like a winger.

edit: 8th in the league for successful dribbles.

Last edited:
I'm sure during the 6 minute intervals your saying,. ffs Davies, FF Sigurdsson,. Ff Bernard,. Ff Pickford,. Ff Gomes.
It's nice to spread it around!

Status
Not open for further replies.