2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Now apologise for unfairly comparing 8th placed Everton’s players to the absolute best in the world.
If we don't do that though how do we expect to reach that point? I'm not saying everyone needs to be that good but should we not be looking for our players to at least have similar attributes?

For example people on here compared Richarlison to Ronaldo early last year. That's clearly crazy from the perspective that Ronaldo is clearly miles better but the point was Richarlison has a similar ability to drift in from out wide and find himself in scoring positions. We can do that with Gueye and compare him to Kante too. They might not be as good but they have a comparable set of skills. When we are signing a new winger or striker we should be trying to do the same thing because currently we don't have someone with Hazard type skills or Kane type skills.

Eden Hazard and Mo Salah also create space for others. This doesn't prevent them from scoring themselves. It's possible to do the things DCL and Bernard do while also collecting goals and assists and we will need those players if we want to move up the league.

I want to also add that I'm not suggesting to immediately get rid of either of those players but for me we should also be actively searching for other options up top and in wide areas. If Malcom for example was available we should be making an offer.
That is hardly a fair comparison though mate? You are talking about two world class players and nobody is suggesting Bernard and DCL are world class?

That is hardly a fair comparison though mate? You are talking about two world class players and nobody is suggesting Bernard and DCL are world class?
I think it's completely fair to compare them to the players we complete with every season unless we don't aspire to compete at that level.

After we ruined the transfer window last season because ed spent 37-50 million (depending on who you believe) on Richarlson, how much could we realistically get for him now, he had a good season and has bagged a few for Brazil I'm thinking around 70ish million.

After we ruined the transfer window last season because ed spent 37-50 million (depending on who you believe) on Richarlson, how much could we realistically get for him now, he had a good season and has bagged a few for Brazil I'm thinking around 70ish million.
I'd wouldn't for under 9 digits personally

That would be some profit. Hopefully we'll keep him for a few years.
My guess is we would have to pay all the clauses to Watford plus a sell on percentage which is part of why I would make the minimum price so high.

But I also kind of worry that we can't replace him easily enough to make it worth selling him at a moderate profit.

My guess is we would have to pay all the clauses to Watford plus a sell on percentage which is part of why I would make the minimum price so high.

But I also kind of worry that we can't replace him easily enough to make it worth selling him at a moderate profit.
I dont think we could replace him, mainly because his talent is in demand from those playing in the Champions League, we only got him because of Marco, and no other reason.

I’d fume at anything less than £90m.

He’s one of the Brazil national team’s brightest talents and is only going to get better and more valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.