2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think players looked better because we watched them less - it gave them an aura when you only saw them in World Cup / Euro finals and in highlights clips. The premier league is full of players that idiots moan about being crap that we would have been on a pedestal 10 years ago.

Off topic, but my favourite was Hagi. Playing in Seria B for part of his career too... Brecia for a crap team have enjoyed the likes of Hagi, Baggio, and Pirlo in the last 20 years. Hopefully we can now have some players of this quality over the next few years.

Forgot about hagi, I used to follow barca very closely as I loved Stoichkov , I get what your saying but players like Ronaldo , I have watched a lot and he always looked awsome , even if he didn’t score he always caught the eye.

Forgot about hagi, I used to follow barca very closely as I loved Stoichkov , I get what your saying but players like Ronaldo , I have watched a lot and he always looked awsome , even if he didn’t score he always caught the eye.

They are all great players - no doubt. I suppose the point I am making is that we see that much football now that people have opinions on players performances over 50 games a season. And you get the clowns that argue that players - for example Harry Kane, who is leading the line for England, golden boot at a world cup, and premier leagues leading scorer multiple times - people still think he is over rated. In years gone by we would have just seen his goals and not commented on the rest.

I often wonder what Dixie Deans hold up play was like...

Shows how much Italian clubs have fallen. Seria A used to be the league all the top players wanted to pay for.
At the time I’d rather have watched the Italian Football on CH4 on a Sunday than the PL
The economic crash and fan violence ruined Italian football
I know the wages they publish are after tax but the money in Italian football is poor compared to the PL and top clubs in other leagues
Players seem to go for money now rather than footballing reasons ( Neymar to PSG)
Juventus seem to be bucking the trend somewhat

Ronaldo has excelled at every level , has won every single trophy worth winning. Messi has never really turned up at a World Cup. Messi is a legend and is my favourite player atm but Ronaldo was better imo.
Messi has excelled at every level. He’s the highest scorer in Argentina history and was player of the tournament . Ronaldo played in great Brazil teams , Messi played in a disjointed mess of an Argentina side .

Messi can player striker, playmaker, winger and in a deep lying role . He regularly does the lot in one game .

Messi is all round the better player . Take of the rose tinted specs .

Messi has excelled at every level. He’s the highest scorer in Argentina history and was player of the tournament . Ronaldo played in great Brazil teams , Messi played in a disjointed mess of an Argentina side .

Messi can player striker, playmaker, winger and in a deep lying role . He regularly does the lot in one game .

messi has achieved more and has been consistently amongst the best in the world ( if not the best ) for over a decade, was makes him better than Ronaldo

do think if Ronaldo never got those injuries he would have been the best ever though, he was something else him

remember the hatty at old Trafford, even they clapped him off

messi has achieved more and has been consistently amongst the best in the world ( if not the best ) for over a decade, was makes him better than Ronaldo

do think if Ronaldo never got those injuries he would have been the best ever though, he was something else him

remember the hatty at old Trafford, even they clapped him off
Yeah he is still the greatest striker I’ve ever seen. Messi can just do so much more .

Maradona played in a very average argintina side and dragged them to World Cup winners mate. Ronaldo looked dangerous every time he got the ball, his dribbling is superior to Messi imo he had the lot, being able to play different positions doesn’t mean he’s better , Messi has only ever played in a dominant Barca side Ronaldo has played and won in deferent leagues and at world cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.