2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
The greatest of all time, Ronaldo.

Obviously people will say Messi with just cause, but no one touches Ronaldo for me.

Made me fall in love with football that fella.

Sorry, I mistyped 59 in 99 as Real in the original post when that was actually his time at Inter; 104 in 177 game was rightly Real as I had mentioned later on.

At AC, his record was still a very, very respectable 9 goals in 20 appearances (0.45gpg) and then he finally finished off with 35 in 69 (0.5gpg) at Corinthians.

When a goal nearly every two games - like at AC in a competitive league- is your career worst statistics, then you know you're on a different level of ability.

His career total is a whopping 0.69 goals per game, which while being less than both Mess and C.Ronaldo, is well and truly amazing considering his injuries.

God, we were spoiled in the late 90s and early 2000s with the likes of Crespo, Batistuta, van Nistelrooy, Raul, Eto'o, Vieri, Del Pierro, Totti, Shevchenko et al.

Zidane, figo, nedved, stoichkov ( spelling) Roberto baggio Ronaldinho , rivaldo
Some cracking players in a ten year time span of eachother

Zidane, figo, nedved, stoichkov ( spelling) Roberto baggio Ronaldinho , rivaldo
Some cracking players in a ten year time span of eachother

I think players looked better because we watched them less - it gave them an aura when you only saw them in World Cup / Euro finals and in highlights clips. The premier league is full of players that idiots moan about being crap that we would have been on a pedestal 10 years ago.

Off topic, but my favourite was Hagi. Playing in Seria B for part of his career too... Brecia for a crap team have enjoyed the likes of Hagi, Baggio, and Pirlo in the last 20 years. Hopefully we can now have some players of this quality over the next few years.

messi can play multiple positions and his passing ability is on another level. I remember how good Ronaldo was. I was obsessed with him as a kid. Messi is the greatest to ever play the game.

Ronaldo has excelled at every level , has won every single trophy worth winning. Messi has never really turned up at a World Cup. Messi is a legend and is my favourite player atm but Ronaldo was better imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.