Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love how Liverpool fans are giving it the:

Frimino, Mané and Salah = £95m

Sigurdsson and Richarlison = £95m

Hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet. Sigurdsson with pace around him and in his correct position is going to be a seriously good player, too.

Hope they're eating their words come May.
I’d be amazed if they don’t get some silverware come May. The gap between us has never been bigger.

Flipped around on the thread a few times but my last take on that topic is this: top teams spend a heap of money on failures. What do they do the next season? They go out and keep doing it until they find the one that works.

We might not think the lad is worth £35m now but that’s not our call and we not in charge of the budget. But when this goes through it’s a signal that we aren’t a once off flash in the pan. Mosh is in it to better the side. If he didn’t get it right last season his new leadership team gets the shot to sort it out.

We might want to lower the wage but that doesn’t mean we were not willing to spend. It might just have been that we had a squad too big to manage and it needed sorting.

Spending this type of dosh on a player with potential is firstly a bold move by management and something I’m very pleased to see even if not in a “name” it’s still on a possible youth Galactico, and secondly it shows Mosh has not given up! That last point is very important. He has not been scared off! NSNO.. onwards and upwards!

I’m really not convinced he is a good player though. I’m worried we’re about to sign a younger Bolasie.
Hasn't he already surpassed bolasie's best season in his first year in England though? And he's only 21?

Relax, at worst he'll be a decent footballer. Comparing him to Bolasie is harsh.

Hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet. Sigurdsson with pace around him and in his correct position is going to be a seriously good player, too.

Its not even true, those 3 cost them about £120 million, our 2 are not even £80 million.

..no doubt they’ve bought well in recent times but they shouldn’t forget how wasteful they were for a long time. They have a real shot at the title this year.

The point was that last season Watford were able to scout out a player in Brazil, sign him cheaply and now look like they are going to make a ludicrous profit on him.

That is what we used to do, before the structure of our club was professionalized / modernized / brought into the 21st century and we ended up throwing away tens of millions of pounds on players that we would be lucky to get half the money back on.

As for "the manager wants Richarlison" - why then are we only trying to get him in now, a couple of weeks before the season starts, and for a price that screams "panic buy"?

Actually it was Silva who brought Richarlison to the owners and asked for them to get him.

I’m really not convinced he is a good player though. I’m worried we’re about to sign a younger Bolasie.

Doesn´t say he´s a good player, but imho he differs significantly from Bolasie, who, at heart, is an entertainer and a trickster. Richarlison strikes me as less tricky but more of a strong, physical runner. I think we need that; Lookman, Tosun and Walcott are all very slight.

I’d be amazed if they don’t get some silverware come May. The gap between us has never been bigger.
A lot of new players coming in could upset the equilibrium. Plus having a world superstar can have the same effect. Will be interesting how their season pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.