Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people for real, am I the only one that has watched him play, he has quality you can see it from outer space.

All the comments above remind me of those on here at the time we paid 30 mill for a “massively overpriced and overhyped” Lukaku.

The funny thing is people were extatic about signing unproven 35 mill Brazilian winger from the French league during the week and now turning their noses of one who has proven he can do it in the PL, to funny.

People getting all bent out of shape need to chill out. He's a quality young player in a position we have lacked quality in for years. Yes, he's overpriced but a lot of it will be add ons and it will undoubtedly include the Silva compo. We've been crying out for a bit of magic in midfield and this lad looks like he might be able to provide it. Good signing.

yes I think you are probably right about this ;)...If you think about it..Marcel brands didn't want to splash out on Celtic's Kieran Tierney who is a real up and coming talent.
So a proven premier league player Marcel Brands seems to think he is worth the money (Although I doubt if it'l be £40 million or whatever!!!)

In: Richarlison
Out: Bolasie the Bambi on Ice

I’m absolutely thrilled we are going to upgrade, what I believe, was our weakest position. And to think people are upset that watford is getting more of Farhad’s money then they’d like.

Without wishing to initiate a storm of abuse, second half of the season most Watford fans were 'what does he have to do to get dropped'. Sure, fatigue was an issue, but we were out of both cups early and didn't have a heavy schedule. Other teams sussed him out and doubled up on him which basically snuffed him out.

I remember Watford fans saying he'd go for 100 million earlier in the season. He tired, sides became more aware of him, Watford's form slipped and he missed Silva. Most of the above will be rectified next season. I don't think he was ever worth 100 million but I'd also say he didn't become a poor player overnight, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Having just watched a bit more video on him, that showed him in Brazil I can see him as a #9 long term.

A front 3 with him centre, Lookman left and Walcott right would be brilliant on the break.

Hate to mention the RS but they've done well with an ultra rapid front 3 and a fairly bog standard midfield.

Klopp was looking very closely at the lad as well.

Agree totally, I cant quite get my head around the negative wums on social media and some of the doom merchant's posting in GOT. I think most rational fans would agree that priority is 1. LB 2. CB 3. Left sided winger 4. CM who can box to box preferably. Yet despite some positive news that the club is active in at least 3 of those positions I am still reading so much misery. Combining the new signings with the good players we do have plus a new management structure for me spells improvement and better football. This will take at least 2 years to mold so let's be patient and positive. We won't win the league this year but hopefully can challenge in cups and bring a style back to the club. Would take that in a heartbeat right now. Onward and upwards
Spot on mate and to be blunt most rational fans don't spend hours fuming on an Internet forum. A good portion on here don't conform to rationality. lol

Its the going rate these days for good young PL players Pickford was unproven but you paid £30m for him. Haven't Leicester just signed a Championship player for £25m ?
Pickford has obvious quality and was mostly excellent for you guys and also had a couple high quality loans

Are people for real, am I the only one that has watched him play, he has quality you can see it from outer space.

All the comments above remind me of those on here at the time we paid 30 mill for a “massively overpriced and overhyped” Lukaku.

The funny thing is people were extatic about signing unproven 35 mill Brazilian winger from the French league during the week and now turning their noses of one who has proven he can do it in the PL, to funny.

Consistency is the key like with many of our signings in recent times. I've seen richarlison and thought he's been brilliant at times, but equally saw him when he was truly abysmal.

This one could go either way, and it's clearly a gamble. At least there's a decent chance he could be turn out a big success unlike some of the proven failures we've signed.

The fee just makes me wary because it's very inflated and we can't afford to get another one like this wrong.

Yes, that my whole gripe with this all. I'm not at all against him coming in as a player. Imo, he has a lot more potential than someone like Zaha. It's just that I don't understand how our scouting system works, or why we're paying a mega bucks salary to a DOF, if all they can come up with is something like this. I could've told Everton about Richarlison, completely free of charge.

Understand he's most probably Silva's top wish, just hope we'll also find an alternative and cheaper route in the future. At least we're spending it on younger players with lots of potential now, rather than 28-28 years old like last year.

It's a big point actually and I know I have said, being able to buy Lozano/Richarlinson from source, as opposed to relying on another club to move first has to be the approach we take in the medium term.

That being said I do think part of this summer is about finding proven quality to quickly shunt us forward. It doesn't look like we arguing for a greater quantity of more speculative players, but a small number of players who provide us the quality we need. I am happy enough with that as long as it's not a longer term plan. The lad has just turned 21 and even though we are paying a lot for him, if Silva continues his development we will be able to sell him on at a decent profit.

Longer term, as we get a more settled team, Silva and Brands have evaluated the squad and familiarised themselves into the role, I think and hope we will begin to take more chances.

I find it funny that people keep referring to him as 'proven', the lad hasn't scored or assisted in 23 pl games. He isn't proven as yet.

Fair enough you think he's a quality addition but to use the word proven in regards to him, or laugh at anyone who is a bit sceptical about this signing is just plain silly imo.

yes I think you are probably right about this ;)...If you think about it..Marcel brands didn't want to splash out on Celtic's Kieran Tierney who is a real up and coming talent.
So a proven premier league player Marcel Brands seems to think he is worth the money (Although I doubt if it'l be £40 million or whatever!!!)

Why do some lads keep saying this. How does playing 38 premier league games (and for most of them he was poor, after December 12th he didn't even have an assist to his name) make him a proven premier league player, what's he actually done?

It's reported as £75m because it is 'believed to include add-ons', i.e. they don't know for sure. Let's just see how Richarlison is reported -- it's not really important, £35m is still high for him.
It was announced at the time that there were £15m worth of add-one. That fact seems to have been lost to the sands of time as far as the media are concerned.

You don’t think his valuation should be affected by the last 6 months of the season because he might’ve been tired?
Didn’t say that, but if you’re going to take into account performances then you have to take into account mitigating factors for those performances.

If he’d carried on at the clip of his first 15 games or so of last season:

1) it would have been pretty much unheard of given his age and unfamiliarity to the league, along with the amount of uninterrupted football he’d played
2) he’d be a LOT more than £35m to buy now
3) would be miles out of our reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.