Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am led to believe it's £35 with add ons.

This fee will be the norm next year palace want £70 for zaha
£35m is still a ridiculous fee for a kid who is totally unproven.

Guess that sets the fee for Lookman at around the same if we sell him then. Similar profile as a player.

I agree with your point on expectations... And how he's hopefully a player that would improve us (basing that on 3 months of form)..... Its just even in this inflated market, the price tag is jaw dropping for an unproven player.... Even Jelavic looked amazing for his first 3 months in the prem league....

We should be the club who signed Richarlison last summer for 11m....what the hell is our scouting system doing?!...
Yes, that my whole gripe with this all. I'm not at all against him coming in as a player. Imo, he has a lot more potential than someone like Zaha. It's just that I don't understand how our scouting system works, or why we're paying a mega bucks salary to a DOF, if all they can come up with is something like this. I could've told Everton about Richarlison, completely free of charge.

Understand he's most probably Silva's top wish, just hope we'll also find an alternative and cheaper route in the future. At least we're spending it on younger players with lots of potential now, rather than 28-28 years old like last year.

i will repeat that i think that we have overpaid for this player but he is 21 years old with potential. In 5 years time players might be going for 300 million so who knows whether this is a good or bad investment right now

i repeat that i am also not comparing him to anyone but i will just put this out there

willian for chelsea is about to hit 30 as the prem season starts.

last season he played 36 prem games and scored 6 prem goals and 7 assists, 1 goal and 3 assists more than richarlison.

barcelona are expected to pay around 60 mil for him

let that sink in....

i know people will say that william didn't start as many games blah blah blah

i will repeat that i think that we have overpaid for this player but he is 21 years old with potential. In 5 years time players might be going for 300 million so who knows whether this is a good or bad investment right now

i repeat that i am also not comparing him to anyone but i will just put this out there

willian for chelsea is about to hit 30 as the prem season starts.

last season he played 36 prem games and scored 6 prem goals and 7 assists, 1 goal and 3 assists more than richarlison.

barcelona are expected to pay around 60 mil for him

let that sink in....

i know people will say that william didn't start as many games blah blah blah

A large chunk is pure potential.

With his age, if he plays anywhere near his potential in 2 years he's at least a saleable asset at £30mill+

It also drops the age of the squad.

Have always said, if Silva is here for 2 seasons, gets us playing a brand of football, lowers the squad age, and leaves a team with potential...he's done his job to tidy up the mess Koeman left.

Having just watched a bit more video on him, that showed him in Brazil I can see him as a #9 long term.

A front 3 with him centre, Lookman left and Walcott right would be brilliant on the break.

Hate to mention the RS but they've done well with an ultra rapid front 3 and a fairly bog standard midfield.

We'd have sold this lad before the next world cup.

No way do we get a chance to watch Brazil with an everton player involved.

Watford have obviously realised that they'd be cutting their nose off to spite their face by refusing to engage in fleecing Everton.

Yes and to be frank whilst it is all about money, if the club is successful, I don't have a problem. There aren't any Jack Walkers around.

I think there are Jack Walkers and in some ways Moshiri is a Jack Walker type but the issue is the inflation in the game has meant that wealth outside of it is nowhere near as significant. I read somewhere inflation in transfers versus regular inflation was around 10 times over the last couple of decades. It could be more.

If we take some names we'd like to see if we had an endless pot of money, Mbappe, Alderweireld, Kane, Coutinho. Probably not getting much change out of 600 million for those players. Thats pretty much what Walker did, and Roman A did. Bought the best players, but it's hard for anyone, even Usmanov to operate entirely that way. It's even interesting Manchester City have slowed up a bit and look to prioritise signing younger players.

Status
Not open for further replies.