Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is I am not sure they are playing better just that they are getting results due to the incompetence of the opposition. Surely their luck will run out and they will play teams making an effort and they will start losing

They've mixed up the team a bit since Dyche went. Jack Cork barely started all season but he's a solid DM infront of back 4. Dwight McNeill was barely starting recently either but he gets them up the pitch more quickly and Vydra is another who's just been bench warming all season.

If you're wondering why they're suddenly keeping clean sheets Tarkowski and Nick Pope have been outstanding so that gives them a good platform to get wins, have to hope Mina can stay fit and have similar impact.

We’ve played all the same teams as they have, Wolves beat us at home and Southampton snotted us away. They’re picking up points and we’re not, it’s nothing to do with luck, therefore they’ll stay up and we will likely go down.
Understand what you mean but I am sure we are a better side than Burnley. Maybe they are more skilled at battling at the wrong end of the table but we are a better side. Hopefully we can accrue more points than they do before the season ends.

To be fair, that's a terrible-looking team still

Still 11th/12th in the PL form table at present which is certainly promotion quality.

The Championship whilst competitive has a big gulf between most teams and the PL. Norwich and Fulham haven't played one another for around 4-5 seasons as one comes up consistently the season the other goes down and vice versa.

Our financial situation aint great but thankfully we have 3 big assets who will tide us over the 1st season in Richy/DCL/Pickford.

I think if we kept that base and added 2-3 lower PL quality players we will go back up if we do drop.

Will give that young back 4 a full season to play together and develop an understanding without the likes of Keane/Coleman forcing their way in all the time which may actually benefit us long term.

Banking on Burnley not stringing any form together was always playing with fire. As it happens sacking Dyche was a bit of a masterstroke and now we’re swimming against the tide. I don’t think we’ll leave the relegation zone again personally.

Nailed it.

We neeeded Brentford, Leeds etc to have bad runs too, so in the chance Burnley finished above us, we’d have others to leapfrog.

Now we’re going into May with a huge mountain to climb.

Think we're done sadly but not undeserved, I hope one day someone does a review of the money we spent and why we picked the players we did unreal.

Do people think if the "man who can't be named" was playing all season we would he in this position? Surely he is worth 7 to 10 points atleast

The thing is I am not sure they are playing better just that they are getting results due to the incompetence of the opposition. Surely their luck will run out and they will play teams making an effort and they will start losing

The last 2 games they've had 17 shots against Southampton and 14 against Wolves. They were averaging less than 10 under Dyche.

They still look better than us as a collective and conceded 1 goal in 3 games.

Think we're done sadly but not undeserved, I hope one day someone does a review of the money we spent and why we picked the players we did unreal.

Do people think if the "man who can't be named" was playing all season we would he in this position? Surely he is worth 7 to 10 points atleast
I said the same the other day. If he was playing this season we wouldn’t be in this position. He’s the most creative player we have and we would probably have DCL scoring too.

When you think about it, the loss to QPR in the cup should have been a clear sign that we were good for the drop. We’ve had little moments of hope all season, but far too often our performances have been a carbon copy of that night.

When you think about it, the loss to QPR in the cup should have been a clear sign that we were good for the drop. We’ve had little moments of hope all season, but far too often our performances have been a carbon copy of that night.
Funny enough that was one of the games for me that alarm bells starting ringing

Leeds have an awful run in, and will be worried. Looks to me as if only Brighton at home that has a chance of 3 points. Awful goal difference.

Well ain't you a charmer, in every message I've posted I've been positive about Everton as i have a huge soft spot for you, and you are the first to even show a bit of hostility, is it your time of the month? Or is this your normal personality? If yes you must be rather upset.

But back to the point I would much rather have points in hand it might not be many and we've been as bad as each other this season. A hell of a lot will depend on tomorrow night.

And for what it's worth I think for 60 minutes today you were the better team and probably didn't deserve to lose.

Now I don't want to argue, I don't see the point I've had interesting conversations on here so shall we call it quits?
Don't worry. You'll get used to Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.