Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t watch the game but performances and passion count for nothing at this stage of the season, only points, and if they’d showed a bit of passion 5 months ago then we might not be in this mess. As it happens it’s too late for that now and I think it’s safe to say we’re going down. The sooner it’s mathematically confirmed the fans can start fully focusing on driving the poisonous ownership out of the club, hopefully followed by 95% of the playing staff. In a way I hope our fate is sealed by the last home game so the fans can go nuclear on them.

As someone mentioned on another thread, IF we go down and sell Richarlison, DCL & Pickford to balance the books (assuming Gomes, Gbamin, Allan & Mina also leave in addition to Delph, Gylfi, Tosun and Kenny out of contract) we have a good young base of a side to come back up

Begovic

Patterson Branthwaite Godfrey Myko

Doucoure ???

Gray Iwobi Gordon

???

Get some yard dog next to Doucoure who can tackle and a good CF for the Championship level and we should be back up no worries.

I'll pay for your ticket when we play Sunderland in League One in about 18 months if you like?! Might even treat you to a match day program if you're lucky.

Some serious vaulting needs to be done in here. It would be a serious job. But whoever takes it up is a legend.

Didn’t watch the game but performances and passion count for nothing at this stage of the season, only points, and if they’d showed a bit of passion 5 months ago then we might not be in this mess. As it happens it’s too late for that now and I think it’s safe to say we’re going down. The sooner it’s mathematically confirmed the fans can start fully focusing on driving the poisonous ownership out of the club, hopefully followed by 95% of the playing staff. In a way I hope our fate is sealed by the last home game so the fans can go nuclear on them.
me thinks it'll take an 'R' next to our name before half the fan base stops talking about "we can drag in Leeds if this happens" or "if we win here and there it'll be fine".

We now hit a run of fixtures we should be looking to take points from. Today was always going to be hard but Lampard showed in his team selection and management of players that next week is more of a focus. Chelsea play on Thursday and you would think they’d play their strongest team for a trip to Old Trafford. Then Leicester away after they’ve played in Rome 2 days earlier. Then that critical run of Watford away, Brentford and Palace at home. Burnley have just gone on a little run, with our upcoming fixtures we should be looking to do the same.

me thinks it'll take an 'R' next to our name before half the fan base stops talking about "we can drag in Leeds if this happens" or "if we win here and there it'll be fine".

Banking on Burnley not stringing any form together was always playing with fire. As it happens sacking Dyche was a bit of a masterstroke and now we’re swimming against the tide. I don’t think we’ll leave the relegation zone again personally.

Just checked the respective run-ins for us and Burnley. I think the key period is Sunday 15th and Thursday 19th May. We have two home games; they have two hard away games. Points and positions going into those two games will be important for both teams (statement of the obvious, I know, but whichever team goes into the first of those two fixtures ahead will be buoyed by the fact that to match the other will probably mean survival). The Watford away game-in-hand now assumes massive proportions.

Saturday 30th April Watford v. Burnley
Sunday 1st May Everton v. Chelsea

Saturday 7th May Burnley v. Aston Villa
Sunday 8th May Leicester v. Everton

Wednesday 11th May Watford v. Everton

Sunday 15th May Everton v. Brentford Spurs v. Burnley

Thursday 19th May Everton v. Crystal P Aston Villa v. Burnley

Sunday 22nd May Arsenal v. Everton Burnley v. Newcastle

Leeds run in:
Monday 25th April Crystal Palace away
Saturday 30th April Man City home
Sunday 8th May Arsenal away
Wednesady 11th May Chelsea home
Sunday 15th May Brighton home
Sunday 22nd May Brentford away
I think Leeds will pick up sufficient points to get clear of relegation (unfortunately!)

Burnley have Watford next week. Could be out of sight. Could end up relegated with a good few games to go.

Banking on Burnley not stringing any form together was always playing with fire. As it happens sacking Dyche was a bit of a masterstroke and now we’re swimming against the tide. I don’t think we’ll leave the relegation zone again personally.

By next week Leeds will be the team to catch imo.

Burnley looking good to get to 34 points if they win at Watford so from that they could effectively just draw their way to safety.

Think Leeds will lose at Palace tomorrow and after that think they may only pick up a point v Chelsea so would potentially leave them on 34 points going into final two games.

Really have to get something v Chelsea though, hopefully they'll be kind for one of their greatest ever players and not lift a leg much as they're back reasonably secure in 3rd again.

Status
Not open for further replies.