Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we're done sadly but not undeserved, I hope one day someone does a review of the money we spent and why we picked the players we did unreal.

Do people think if the "man who can't be named" was playing all season we would he in this position? Surely he is worth 7 to 10 points atleast
I'm not sure he was that important to us points wise.

I keep thinking about the impact it has had on our squad's psyche for the season though.

Hurt to the point where we have so little left to fight our way out of this mess.

When we lose - all the time, and frequently in a spineless or stupid way (Burnley, Brentford)

When we deserve so much more from the officials (with the game on the line - even handed decision making, the odd penalty, the same attitude to red card calls for Shelvey etc as with Allan, Keane etc - the same officials backing down when they have similar decisions in other matches - and don't even get me started on protecting Gordon.

When teams as bad as Burnley get gimme home games against not-arsed Southampton and Wolves after being totally rubbish all season

When key players get injured - DCL, Mina, Davies, Doucoure, Gray, Townsend, Godfrey - sometimes moments before the game and we've been missing our singularly most productive player all season for non-footballing reasons*

When players fall out with managers we shouldn't even have appointed in the first place to replace a manager we might not have lost under other circumstances.

When VAR letting us down (Spurs, Brentford, City, today...)

*clearly this is a serious one one shouldn't dwell on but, well, unlucky Everton you might say.

Hurt to the point where we have so little left to fight our way out of this mess.

When we lose

When we deserve so much more from the officials (with the game on the line - even handed decision making, the odd penalty, the same attitude to red card calls for Shelvey etc as with Allan, Keane etc - the same officials backing down when they have similar decisions in other matches - and don't even get me started on protecting Gordon.

When teams as bad as Burnley get gimme home games against not-arsed Southampton and Wolves after being totally rubbish all season

When key players get injured - DCL, Mina, Davies, Doucoure, Gray, Townsend, Godfrey - sometimes moments before the game

When players fall out with managers we shouldn't even have appointed in the first place

When VAR letting us down (Spurs, City, today...)

If VAR was used in the games under Lampard we'd be a fair few points better off.

The last 2 games they've had 17 shots against Southampton and 14 against Wolves. They were averaging less than 10 under Dyche.

They still look better than us as a collective and conceded 1 goal in 3 games.
I will take your word for the stats but I watched both games and Southampton were shocking and Wolves today not much better so it is not unrealistic to see an uplift in Burnley’s performance

I will take your word for the stats but I watched both games and Southampton were shocking and Wolves today not much better so it is not unrealistic to see an uplift in Burnley’s performance

Could also be temporary - we looked good under Dunc for abar 3 games then had that horrendous 0-0 game against Arsenal which was as flat as a witches tit.

If they drop points to Watford then its game on again considering our game in hand.

By next week Leeds will be the team to catch imo.

Burnley looking good to get to 34 points if they win at Watford so from that they could effectively just draw their way to safety.

Think Leeds will lose at Palace tomorrow and after that think they may only pick up a point v Chelsea so would potentially leave them on 34 points going into final two games.

Really have to get something v Chelsea though, hopefully they'll be kind for one of their greatest ever players and not lift a leg much as they're back reasonably secure in 3rd again.
We desperately need them to lose..

I cant see Burnley keeping this up. If they get a draw against Watford and we beat Chelsea then its GD and their momentum is stopped.

It just takes that.

We are rightly even money to go down. But the performances are not dire by any stretch.
They ARE dire , in front of goal. We can't score goals.

When we lose

When key players get injured - DCL, Mina, Davies, Doucoure, Gray, Townsend, Godfrey - sometimes moments before the game and we've been missing our singularly most productive player all season for non-footballing reasons*

When players fall out with managers we shouldn't even have appointed in the first place

When VAR letting us down (Spurs, City, today...)

*clearly this is a serious one one shouldn't dwell on but, well, unlucky Everton you might say.

We lost all our games against the bottom half sides this winter. That’s what did for us. We’ve lost at home to relegation sides. Can’t survive like that.

Everton getting relegated is an absolute travesty but we deserve it,

Chelsea is must win regardless of what happens with Burnley. No ifs, buts or maybes

We cannot expect to be saved by other results because its not going to happen and never was.

We better start the game like we understand the significance because the start of the Leicester game lacked hunger and urgency.

Understand what you mean but I am sure we are a better side than Burnley. Maybe they are more skilled at battling at the wrong end of the table but we are a better side. Hopefully we can accrue more points than they do before the season ends.

I’ve seen nothing to suggest we’re a better side than Burnley. We aren’t accruing points and they are.

When you think about it, the loss to QPR in the cup should have been a clear sign that we were good for the drop. We’ve had little moments of hope all season, but far too often our performances have been a carbon copy of that night.
Naaaah. That was just a random anomaly that has repeated itself about 25 times since.

Who was to know.....

Status
Not open for further replies.