Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but I think this club was being ran like a joke before he even came along. He just helped speed up the process. Not winning anything since 95 for a club like this is bloody disaster.
True, Bill was useless but Moshiri is a natural disaster.

As someone mentioned on another thread, IF we go down and sell Richarlison, DCL & Pickford to balance the books (assuming Gomes, Gbamin, Allan & Mina also leave in addition to Delph, Gylfi, Tosun and Kenny out of contract) we have a good young base of a side to come back up

Begovic

Patterson Branthwaite Godfrey Myko

Doucoure ???

Gray Iwobi Gordon

???

Get some yard dog next to Doucoure who can tackle and a good CF for the Championship level and we should be back up no worries.
To be fair, that's a terrible-looking team still

Banking on Burnley not stringing any form together was always playing with fire. As it happens sacking Dyche was a bit of a masterstroke and now we’re swimming against the tide. I don’t think we’ll leave the relegation zone again personally.
The thing is I am not sure they are playing better just that they are getting results due to the incompetence of the opposition. Surely their luck will run out and they will play teams making an effort and they will start losing

Burnley have Watford next week. Could be out of sight. Could end up relegated with a good few games to go.
Could be, or they could lose?? Or Leeds could lose every game on the bounce or Everton could beat Chelsea or or or or or or or or or or or or or or! Who knows aye!

ok ok ok ok

leeds and burnley we need to just go crap

and us get a miracle ;)

We do not need a miracle, Matty.

We need to win the winnable games against Watford, Brentford and Crystal Palace.

And if we can pick up 2-3 points against Leicester, Chelsea and Arsenal, that will be a bonus and make us more comfortable.

Leeds and Burnley we cannot control. There is a long way to go and we still have a very strong chance to stay up.

By next week Leeds will be the team to catch imo.

Burnley looking good to get to 34 points if they win at Watford so from that they could effectively just draw their way to safety.

Think Leeds will lose at Palace tomorrow and after that think they may only pick up a point v Chelsea so would potentially leave them on 34 points going into final two games.

Really have to get something v Chelsea though, hopefully they'll be kind for one of their greatest ever players and not lift a leg much as they're back reasonably secure in 3rd again.

I think Leeds will beat Palace tomorrow and could even pick up something at home to City.

The thing is I am not sure they are playing better just that they are getting results due to the incompetence of the opposition. Surely their luck will run out and they will play teams making an effort and they will start losing

We’ve played all the same teams as they have, Wolves beat us at home and Southampton snotted us away. They’re picking up points and we’re not, it’s nothing to do with luck, therefore they’ll stay up and we will likely go down.

I think Leeds will beat Palace tomorrow and could even pick up something at home to City.

I don't think Palace will dial it in personally. They're only on 37 points themselves and in fairness Newcastle away straight after cup SF was a tough match for them.

In recent times they've drawn 0-0 with Man. City and beat Arsenal 3-0 at Selhurst (add in the cup disaster) so not like they're even in that bad run of form.

Will be low scoring but think they'll have too much for Leeds.

I think Brentford will beat us personally, maybe a draw against Palace and we haven’t won a game away for 7 months so write the Watford game off
Agree with you on Brentford. They're on a good run including going to Chelsea and absolutely battering them. I do think we'll scrape a win against Palace. Fancy us to at least draw at Watford. Don't know if it'll be enough though.

Status
Not open for further replies.