Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
What beats me is that this is just a natural conclusion for a poorly run football club with the on the pitch "success" we've had in many years now. What really beats me is that Kenwright and Moshiri are apathetic and seem deluded. They just can't see the club is freefall. And what really REALLY beats me is the many Everton fans that also seem strangly enough to have accepted the many recent years of "success" and defend people like BK.

To be honest when we had Kenwright as owner years ago, I was always jealous of other teams spending big money on star players, liverpools, your Man Uniteds, Arsenals, Chelsea's etc. But for the last five years we've been spending the big money and we've gone backwards, ( apart from the new ground). So that proves it's not just the money, it's the set up, the manager, coaching and getting an identity a way of actually playing football, which we simply do not possess. Funny thing is we had an identity with Moyes in charge, a way of playing, it wasn't always easy on the eye, but it did get better. Never ever been more important to get this next manager choice right and give him a chance, give him time to build.

Checked through our league finishes since we last won a cup. Checked as well for points at this stage of the season. We're about 5-8 pts, on average, off where we'd normally be at this stage of the season barring a few seasons where we've done alot better like Martinez first season.

1997/98 season was worse than this one by only 2 points:

- 17 points after 20 games
- Finished 17th on 40 points. *The great escape when Bolton went down on GD*

We're 3 points worse off for the 00/01 season, however, if we can get a win against Newcastle then we'll be level:

- 22 points after 21 games
- Finished 16th with 42 points.

We're 1 point worse off than the 05/06 season:

- 20 points after 20 games
- Finished 11th with 50 points

We're only 3 points off we're we were in the 10/11 season:

- 22 points after 20 games
- Finished 7th with 54 points

We're 2 points worse off than Martinez' 2nd season in 14/15:

- 21 points after 20 games
- Finished 11th on 47 points

So it's our 2nd worst half a season since 'The Great Escape' but a good manager could come in and turn the season around as evidenced above. Not attempting to give a history lesson but just trying to highlight that maybe we just need someone who can coach the team and grind out results. The effort was there today from the squad and on another day I think we'd have got a result against Villa. We're in a tough patch but have to have some faith. We just need a Moyes type to come in imo

Status
Not open for further replies.