Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone needs to calm down and take a breath, we knew getting anything out of last night was going to be tough. Yes in hindsight Frank should've played more defensively, but if our 'world class' forward players created something with the possession we had at the start we could've taken an early lead.
Richie and DCL showed that they are nowhere near as good as Son and Kane.

Now is the time to get behind the team and make Goodison a fortress again. We still have enough games left to get out of this trouble.
Nope

No one should ever accept players going through the motions, not taking responsibility, and barely breaking sweat on the pitch. Anyone can lose to spurs, but losing in that manner is disgraceful and not good enough. I will never accept highly paid players not trying, and I find them a total embarassment to the shirt. A thoroughly unlikeable, pathetic group of players.

5 nil loss and not one booking - GUTLESS

In recent season's (post-Martinez era), I often said out loud that we were "100% going down", mostly out of anger/frustration but without really meaning it. I kind of knew deep down we would eventually get out the mess we found ourselves in.

But this time, I can genuinely see us going down. Hate being that Mr. Negativity kind of guy but you only have to look at the daunting fixture list we have coming up. And given that Norwich, Watford and Burnley, (albeit all poor sides), at least they look like they're really stepping up their game in recent weeks. Their mentality puts our squads to shame. And they possess players who can actually make things happen out of nothing.

So let’s say relegations happens…

What do we honestly think the chances of us coming straight back up are ?

I see lots of people who assume that relegation will end this club but why is that ? If teams like Norwich can regularly go down and then come back up why can’t a club like Everton do that ?

Hats off to Everton. It must take considerable effort to assemble so many poor and gutless players for such a massive outlay. Just randomly picking names out of a hat would result in better recruitment so I guess a round of applause is called for ???

Whats with all the hysterics ? Surely everyone knew there was a very high percentage we lose this game ? Its the home games following this that matter, every away game should just be considered a right off.
We've won once at home since December 6. Seems incredibly risky to be relying on a sudden upturn in home results.

I see lots of people who assume that relegation will end this club but why is that ? If teams like Norwich can regularly go down and then come back up why can’t a club like Everton do that ?
Because the structure of a club like Norwich is 'Get promoted to Premier League, don't spend more than we can afford but keep your fingers crossed, get relegated but keep the wage structure and spine of the team in place, get promoted again'

The entire club would be decimated if we were relegated

We've won once at home since December 6. Seems incredibly risky to be relying on a sudden upturn in home results.

Under Lampard we have played three home games against premier league opposition, won 2, lost 1… the loss being a narrow defeat to arguably the best side in the world. The signs are there that we can turn it on at Goodison.

Because the structure of a club like Norwich is 'Get promoted to Premier League, don't spend more than we can afford but keep your fingers crossed, get relegated but keep the wage structure and spine of the team in place, get promoted again'

The entire club would be decimated if we were relegated

Yes. Norwich don’t carry Andre Gomes’ and Michael Keanes down to the Championship on nearly £100k a week

I wouldn’t back this group of players to pick up points away from home in the Championship. I think we’d do well to finish in the top half.

I think we'll have a big job on our hands to come straight back up. You need battlers in the Championship, and we all know the weak mentality and sheer lack of ability within our squad. We could easily establish ourselves as a mid-table Championship side.

Status
Not open for further replies.