Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be considerably better with Mina and Doucoure back. While DCL isn't a Shearer/Kane figure to carry us he does give us options and makes the opposition have to be weary of another threat. Whem we have all our players on the pitch they are sufficient to find gaps and exploit, it's not a question of just keep Richarlison quiet etc.

Of course any team can go down but two more games does not make that more likely. It would be a great relief to get something from Brentford though.
We won’t be significantly better, the tactics are poor, no matter who is fit, with a defence as badly organised as ours you just can’t afford to give up possession and territory to the opposition and hit them on the break, breakaway football only works with a well organised, watertight defence.

The good results we had at the beginning of the season were gained against poor opponents and the only time we played well and looked a good side over 90 minutes was Brighton away. We had a good 45 minutes against an appalling Utd. other than that, nothing to write home about.

I get what you’re saying and I agree we should be better with DCL and Doucoure back, but, I don’t think it will be a significant improvement without a root and branch change of playing style. Is our current manager flexible enough to realize that he can’t play the way he wants to with the players he has? We will see.

We might be close to relegation zone by Christmas unless we get more than 2 wins. Our first 11 (maybe additional one or two non-starters) is definitely better than our current position but other squad members are definitely relegation battlers quality. And now, we probably have our 5 preferred starters and 3 experienced squad members out. We will only be able to field half our preferred starter on the pitch against Brentford.

Will returning of our players help significantly? 1000%

First time I have looked at your forum for a while. What a depressing read.

The league seems tougher yet again this year but Everton should have very little concern about relegation. Save any concerns until you are adrift in the bottom three which seems highly improbable to me particularly when key players return to the side.

I have optimism that Norwich will climb out of the bottom three but it won’t be at Everton’s expense.

First time I have looked at your forum for a while. What a depressing read.

The league seems tougher yet again this year but Everton should have very little concern about relegation. Save any concerns until you are adrift in the bottom three which seems highly improbable to me particularly when key players return to the side.

I have optimism that Norwich will climb out of the bottom three but it won’t be at Everton’s expense.

The relegation chat is nonsense because we aren't going down.

But the disillusionment and negativity towards all levels of the club is very real. Try imagining your club managed by an Ipswich club legend who had their best days a long time ago, and then you'll get why we feel like this.

There's absolutely no chance of relegation. And there's very little benefit, if any, in being relegated.

The biggest issue is injuries to key players. DCL, Doucoure, Mina, Gray, Gomes would all add something to the squad to varying degrees. The 1st 2 in that list in particular. It's a small squad that can't really take the loss of key players for a concerted amount of time

A number of those players will be available soon. That'll help and I'd guess form and results will improve as a consequence.

There's absolutely no chance of relegation. And there's very little benefit, if any, in being relegated.

The biggest issue is injuries to key players. DCL, Doucoure, Mina, Gray, Gomes would all add something to the squad to varying degrees. The 1st 2 in that list in particular. It's a small squad that can't really take the loss of key players for a concerted amount of time

A number of those players will be available soon. That'll help and I'd guess form and results will improve as a consequence.
I don't think we'll be in the bottom 3 come the end of May but to say there's absolutely no chance might be too assured, given our last win was September, we're bottom of the form table, and the run of fixtures coming up. Very possible we could be at the half way point with no more than 18-20 points on the board. I agree once the key players come back from injury results should pick up again to ensure another season of midtable safety, but there's nothing to say DCL or Richy or Mina will 100% be here come the end of the transfer window or that our key players wont continue to pick up injuries throughout the rest of the season. We'll probably be fine, but if we're going into January having been turned over by Brentford, Liverpool, Arsenal, Palace, Chelsea and Leicester, all bets are off.

Pray for relegation and restructuring, it’s our only chance
79FD3A7C-4EBA-4D26-8016-63D51268E38F.jpeg

I don't think it will be this year, but the current course of the club is not a good one. Many things have to change or we might get closer to the drop than people think over the next few seasons.

The future is pretty bleak, Spurs announced their latest financials this week & it wasn’t good. Our will be worse, on top of our record losses in the last results. No money to spend, the ground to finance. It probably won’t be this year but I reckon theres a real threat in the next 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.