Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth is it a good idea to get rid of moshiri? I mean what's any other owner going to do different? Moshiri will invest whatever he can possibly invest in the club within the rules and has made decisions to appease large portions of the fans. Such as sacking previous managers when the fans wanted them out and not hiring Moyes which is what most the fans (not me) wanted.

Absolute baffling why anyone puts blame on Moshiri and thinks anyone else is going to do better.

Well a different owner my not make vaguely racist comments about our best players mother. That would be a start.

They may also not appoint two managers who everybody hates before they even get here.

They may not appoint a DOF and then not let him do his job whilst he fires managers (who he appointed) every couple of months, all of which brought their own players in.

A different owner may not love Cenk Tosun just because he played well against Monaco once.

Probably wouldn't go on the Jim White show either.

I don't think he is inherently bad or anything but he makes some utterly weird decisions.

There are a lot of hot takes in this thread, we aren't getting relegated. We have good players at the club (far better than other clubs in this league - which wasn't the case in the struggling late nineties period), they just need to be fit. Let's hope that our bad luck in that area is going to change and we will be relatively injury free to the end of the season.
Saying we might go down really isn’t a hot take at all. I don’t think we will when it comes to it but it’s a definite possibility. Everyone always makes out like as soon as a player comes back from injury everything will be different but it almost never happens. Doucoure is a key player for us but he’s not actually that good really, he’s not going to turn us into a totally different team.

Saying we might go down really isn’t a hot take at all. I don’t think we will when it comes to it but it’s a definite possibility. Everyone always makes out like as soon as a player comes back from injury everything will be different but it almost never happens. Doucoure is a key player for us but he’s not actually that good really, he’s not going to turn us into a totally different team.

It's not a definite possibility. We as a fanbase need to get over the mindset if we go on a bad run that will continue indefinitely. Obviously we bare the scars from yesteryear that it's a possibility but it does us no end of harm and that quickly translates to the players at Goodison. As below...

Don't kid yourselves.
We can go down.
We probably won't.

Of course we can go down, the team could be involved in a coach or plane accident. We are talking that kind of level of event or DCL, Richarlison, Mina and Doucoure all get ruled out for the season after the Jan window closes. That might make things difficult.

Look at the WHAM too good to go down team, they had 11 points from the first 12 games and took them 27 games to get to 20. They only missed out by 2 points in the end. We are quite capable of going on a 4-5 game winning streak after we have played Chelsea and be almost safe thereafter. The new manager bounce at Norwich, Watford and Newcastle will subside and even if one kept going there are still 4 other teams that look equally as clueless as us at the moment. People need to hold their nerves, relegation talk is when we need 15 points from our last 8/9 games.

It's not a definite possibility. We as a fanbase need to get over the mindset if we go on a bad run that will continue indefinitely. Obviously we bare the scars from yesteryear that it's a possibility but it does us no end of harm and that quickly translates to the players at Goodison. As below...

Of course we can go down, the team could be involved in a coach or plane accident. We are talking that kind of level of event or DCL, Richarlison, Mina and Doucoure all get ruled out for the season after the Jan window closes. That might make things difficult.

Look at the WHAM too good to go down team, they had 11 points from the first 12 games and took them 27 games to get to 20. They only missed out by 2 points in the end. We are quite capable of going on a 4-5 game winning streak after we have played Chelsea and be almost safe thereafter. The new manager bounce at Norwich, Watford and Newcastle will subside and even if one kept going there are still 4 other teams that look equally as clueless as us at the moment. People need to hold their nerves, relegation talk is when we need 15 points from our last 8/9 games.
Glad we cleared that up.

I had a dream last night that Tim Sherwood had taken the Everton job and rang me for advice. He said he wanted to build the team around Michael Keane. I told him to sell Michael Keane as a priority and give Tom Davies a run of starts in a midfield three.

If that's not portentuous then I don't know what is.

In all seriousness I have am worried at the state of the squad and have been since Rafael's buys. Our reserve list is a championship side and we won't win games as long as key players are injured. We don't have a mentality for backs to the wall circumstances, are used to mediocre performances, and complacent about our god-given (and it is given to us by the almighty) position in the prem. All of this points to a relegation scrap imho.

Then again, DCL, Yez, Doucs and Rico back in the the team regularly and we will be chilling. Our first team is a tantalising prospect that is competitive on paper with teams in the top 6. It's the squad gulf that needs correcting. Fortunately there are some god awful teams in the mix this year. Watford, Leeds and Norwich don't have the minerals across their 20-men squads. Burnley are yam. Soton are managed by a yodelling clown.

But another year of 'Everton that' recruitment and mark my words we will be in the deepest of deep trouble

I wouldn't class our bravehearts as too good ....

Well a different owner my not make vaguely racist comments about our best players mother. That would be a start.

They may also not appoint two managers who everybody hates before they even get here.

They may not appoint a DOF and then not let him do his job whilst he fires managers (who he appointed) every couple of months, all of which brought their own players in.

A different owner may not love Cenk Tosun just because he played well against Monaco once.

Probably wouldn't go on the Jim White show either.

I don't think he is inherently bad or anything but he makes some utterly weird decisions.
While I can understand some of these points, would any of them be an actual issue if we didn't have the ghastly injury list to key players this season and we were instead sitting in 6th currently just a few points off 4th?

It's always easy to point the finger and look for reasons why things aren't working when times are bad. But really despite the obvious error in brands not signing another right back, the squad would have been well equipped for a decent season had it not been derailed by injuries.

For me, I never expected much this season and saw it as a season of transition. Of course there is a small worry of relegation when so much goes against you. But if you consider that 40 points will almost certainly make a team safe this season and its likely that something around 38 may be enough. Then from our next 6 games, if we can get 5 points then we will be half way through with 20 points. That would then give us the second half of the season, where we would expect we will have the majority of players back and fit. As well as a transfer window to muster at least equal points than we have in this extremely unlucky first half of the season. This theory suggests that we should be OK relegation wise.

Regarding Moshiri, we then can look at the positives that the finances will be better balanced in the next season enabling spending and the new stadium is on the horizon. I just don't see the point of a bad run due to injuries allowing some people to call for a change of ownership, its not justified for me.

Keep slapping bandaids on a dying carcass then.
Farhad has to sell and every club employee needs to be fired. We are a complete failure from top to bottom. EITC is literally the only redeemable part of this club.

If there was anyway for that to happen besides relegation I’d be okay with it. But I don’t see another way to force Farhad’s hand. So I’d happily trade relegation for a complete house cleaning. Get all these losers out, players and staff.
Just got images of you being the only "fan" actually willing Everton to go down against Wimbledon and again in the 97-98 season. "Yeah, the house is a mess. Let's just burn it down and start again. Much easier"

To say that getting relegated would actually help Everton is absolute nonsense. How many teams have been relegated in the Premier league era and come back better after it? West Ham off the top of my head and even then that's taken how long to get to what they are now? Man City but that was pretty FFP and a phenomenal injection of cash.

Why on earth is it a good idea to get rid of moshiri? I mean what's any other owner going to do different? Moshiri will invest whatever he can possibly invest in the club within the rules and has made decisions to appease large portions of the fans. Such as sacking previous managers when the fans wanted them out and not hiring Moyes which is what most the fans (not me) wanted.

Absolute baffling why anyone puts blame on Moshiri and thinks anyone else is going to do better.
Personally I’m not a fan of our club being a money laundering front for the Russian mob

Anybody who really thinks we can't get relegated needs to give their head a wobble. Teams get into spirals of defeats and it becomes very difficult to get out of them. Do i really think we will get relegated probably not but I'm certainly not 100% convinced given the state of our squad and the lack of finances to fix it. If the injuries keep piling up like they're doing it's not going to be a comfortable ride.

In order to get relegated the teams below you have to also win games

Losing 10 in a row when 5 other sides are also losing 10 in a row is not going to get you relegated

Norwich and Watford are only winning cos of the new manager bounce, Newcastle are still crap and Burnley have 1 win in 12

Status
Not open for further replies.