Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said anything about wanting everything today? I think a top 10 finish, should be the bare minimum expectation to have of this team. Realistically this is a 10th to 12th place team.

Okay, do you think 10 to 12th is out of reach? Because it's clearly not. So in that case what is the problem?

Tbh I think our first 11 are a lot better than that position but our current subs are that of a relegation fodder side. We will get players back, we'll beat one team which will give us confidence as per the start of the season and we'll quickly double our current points tally. Whether that is too late or not to fight for something given this hideous run of results remains to be seen. No one gets a free pass, Brands, Benitez, the coaching staff, the players for being made of jelly all need to do better. But if we push the panic button now all that does is give the players a place to hide and we will still have the root cause of our problems bubbling underneath ready to do the same again in less than a year.

There is a point to be made that by sacking managers every time we have got near the bottom teams that has caused the problem in itself.

We sacked koeman, ended up with Walcott and tosun on the wage bill. We sacked allardyce and got Silva bringing the likes of gomes and iwobi here.

Who's to say any of them would have turned it around and built their team after it? We did fail to sign the players koeman kept asking for which included a striker. The proverbial all eggs in one basket that we tend to always do .

Any of them could have also relegated us as well , we will never know either way. The squad has got worse since each sacking though!

There is a point to be made that by sacking managers every time we have got near the bottom teams that has caused the problem in itself.

We sacked koeman, ended up with Walcott and tosun on the wage bill. We sacked allardyce and got Silva bringing the likes of gomes and iwobi here.

Who's to say any of them would have turned it around and built their team after it? We did fail to sign the players koeman kept asking for which included a striker. The proverbial all eggs in one basket that we tend to always do .

Any of them could have also relegated us as well , we will never know either way. The squad has got worse since each sacking though!

I dread to think of koeman still being here.
When he even had barcelona sitting in the bottom half of la liga.
Shudders.
28m for bolasie.
Shudders even more.

I don’t really think we’ll go down, but, if we don’t win at Brentford and then we get a hiding from the neighbours, we may have to consider it as a possibility. Brentford really is a must win, even with the injuries we should be capable of that, we then need a spirited performance against the neighbours, anything less and we are struggling here.

Hopefully a win at Brentford which looks a must and I’m sure we would all take a point right now against the RS. Arsenal are nothing to be worried about if we have a few players back.

I dread to think of koeman still being here.
When he even had barcelona sitting in the bottom half of la liga.
Shudders.
28m for bolasie.
Shudders even more.
Bolasie was almost equal to de bruyne when he got injured. Think he had 6 assists and at least 3 6 yard box misses from Lukaku before his career ended. Could well have been just a good start he had , we will never know on that front.

What I meant was the minute any manager gets into any sort of muddle here we sack them. Whether or not we can justify it or not in hindsight. When we do it though we basically drag the squad down further with terrible signings for the next manager. That would be fine by itself but here we are now with the squad half made up of them.

I'm like you , the managers had to go when they did, not disputing that part. But it is also damaging us in the process , as seen on the pitch now.

We aren’t a good team but there are some bad teams in the Premier League. When we get a DCL Mina and Doucoure back we will tighten up. I am also hopeful of at least a further midfielder in the next transfer window.
Sunday’s game against Brentford is now a very important one but it is also a very difficult game. Brentford will fancy their chances against us, they will come into the match looking to boss us, we don’t tend to stand up to teams very well. I am not sure we have the skill in the team that we will put out to beat Brentford and I am seriously concerned that we have the stomach for the fight.
Hopefully the squad will prove me wrong and will turn on both the style and the fight and come away with a handsome win. COYB.

I don’t really think we’ll go down, but, if we don’t win at Brentford and then we get a hiding from the neighbours, we may have to consider it as a possibility. Brentford really is a must win, even with the injuries we should be capable of that, we then need a spirited performance against the neighbours, anything less and we are struggling here.

Everyone is allowed his or her opinion but even after those two games we will still have 24 games in which we need 8 wins or even 7 and 3 draws/or 6 and 6. Clearly when we have our better players back we are going to be able to do that. The mindset has to change away from 'oh my god relegation'. It's not like when we had 3 points around this stage when Royle came in, that was squeaky bum time. Unless we are really and truly in the mire we as a collective need to hold our nerve.

No DCL, No Gray, No Rich, big doubts over Douc and Mina. That is arguably our best 5 outfield players. Away from home as well with low confidence. We are big underdogs next week

Everyone is allowed his or her opinion but even after those two games we will still have 24 games in which we need 8 wins or even 7 and 3 draws/or 6 and 6. Clearly when we have our better players back we are going to be able to do that. The mindset has to change away from 'oh my god relegation'. It's not like when we had 3 points around this stage when Royle came in, that was squeaky bum time. Unless we are really and truly in the mire we as a collective need to hold our nerve.
Have you been watching the past few weeks? We are a totally disorganised mess at the back, the players are arguing with each other, the manager is making ever more bizarre substitutions and blaming anybody other than himself for our shortcomings.

If we don’t win at Brentford and suffer a heavy defeat in the derby I think it could well implode. As to having our better players back, that won’t stop our defence being a disorganised rabble, nor will it enable our two man midfield to dominate matches.

Dominic Calvert Lewin, much as I like him, is not capable of carrying the team on his back and after this big muscle injury he will, you would think, take a good while to get back up to speed.

We are a very poorly drilled team who are content to sit back, give up possession and territory to our opponents, even the poor ones, and hope to hit them on the break, the morale looks poor and although I don’t believe we will go down I don’t believe we can’t go down.

We aren’t a good team but there are some bad teams in the Premier League. When we get a DCL Mina and Doucoure back we will tighten up. I am also hopeful of at least a further midfielder in the next transfer window.
Sunday’s game against Brentford is now a very important one but it is also a very difficult game. Brentford will fancy their chances against us, they will come into the match looking to boss us, we don’t tend to stand up to teams very well. I am not sure we have the skill in the team that we will put out to beat Brentford and I am seriously concerned that we have the stomach for the fight.
Hopefully the squad will prove me wrong and will turn on both the style and the fight and come away with a handsome win. COYB.
My concern is we have zero going forward with all the injuries and suspensions

Have you been watching the past few weeks? We are a totally disorganised mess at the back, the players are arguing with each other, the manager is making ever more bizarre substitutions and blaming anybody other than himself for our shortcomings.

If we don’t win at Brentford and suffer a heavy defeat in the derby I think it could well implode. As to having our better players back, that won’t stop our defence being a disorganised rabble, nor will it enable our two man midfield to dominate matches.

Dominic Calvert Lewin, much as I like him, is not capable of carrying the team on his back and after this big muscle injury he will, you would think, take a good while to get back up to speed.

We are a very poorly drilled team who are content to sit back, give up possession and territory to our opponents, even the poor ones, and hope to hit them on the break, the morale looks poor and although I don’t believe we will go down I don’t believe we can’t go down.

We will be considerably better with Mina and Doucoure back. While DCL isn't a Shearer/Kane figure to carry us he does give us options and makes the opposition have to be weary of another threat. When we have all our players on the pitch they are sufficient to find gaps and exploit, it's not a question of just keep Richarlison quiet etc.

Of course any team can go down but two more games does not make that more likely. It would be a great relief to get something from Brentford though.

Status
Not open for further replies.