Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the last few weeks and our likely line up v Brentford would suggest that we are 2 or 3 injury setbacks away from being right in the mix.
Absolutely not a forgone conclusion we stay up.

The absolute state of comments like this.

Keep slapping bandaids on a dying carcass then.
Farhad has to sell and every club employee needs to be fired. We are a complete failure from top to bottom. EITC is literally the only redeemable part of this club.

If there was anyway for that to happen besides relegation I’d be okay with it. But I don’t see another way to force Farhad’s hand. So I’d happily trade relegation for a complete house cleaning. Get all these losers out, players and staff.

Farhad has to sell and every club employee needs to be fired. We are a complete failure from top to bottom. EITC is literally the only redeemable part of this club.

If there was anyway for that to happen besides relegation I’d be okay with it. But I don’t see another way to force Farhad’s hand. So I’d happily trade relegation for a complete house cleaning. Get all these losers out, players and staff.
Get to BMD mate and hope we get bought but yeah I see your point we are a shambles currently

Billionaire businessmen rarely 'have to' do anything they don't want to, and if Moshiri wanted rid of the execs and to structure the club differently with different people I'm sure he'd have done it at some point over the last few years. Club is a shambles, no doubt, but relegation doesn't magically guarantee Moshiri goes and even if he did, what if the next guy in ends up being an even bigger disaster?! I'm sure Leeds never imagined being out the top flight for 15 years, or clubs like Charlton or Portsmouth or Bolton thinking they'd be tumbling down through the leagues perhaps never to return to the top. I suspect if we were to get relegated this year a fair number of those players would be more than happy to stay on the books collecting every penny they are contractually owed, as we try to pay it with a fraction of the income.

Why on earth is it a good idea to get rid of moshiri? I mean what's any other owner going to do different? Moshiri will invest whatever he can possibly invest in the club within the rules and has made decisions to appease large portions of the fans. Such as sacking previous managers when the fans wanted them out and not hiring Moyes which is what most the fans (not me) wanted.

Absolute baffling why anyone puts blame on Moshiri and thinks anyone else is going to do better.

We have 15 points now and if we can get 20+ by January, we are fine, no Europe but looking to get Top 10.

From now and January we have:
Brentford A - draw/win
Liverpool H - loss/draw
Palace A - draw/win
Chelsea A - loss/draw
Leicester H - draw/win
Burnley A - draw/win
Newcastle H - draw/win

Honestly if we can get Mina, DCL and Doucoure back early December, I can see between 5 to best case 15 points. If I was a betting man, I'd say 9/10 points.

We have to find Allan a partner in the middle of the park possiblity Delph or Onyango and use Doucoure higher which will push teams back.

It is gonna be a tough December but a win v Brentford would be huge and give us a boost.

You forgot Arsenal at home after the derby.

Did you vote 4 years ago when I made this very misunderstood thread ??

Why on earth is it a good idea to get rid of moshiri? I mean what's any other owner going to do different? Moshiri will invest whatever he can possibly invest in the club within the rules and has made decisions to appease large portions of the fans. Such as sacking previous managers when the fans wanted them out and not hiring Moyes which is what most the fans (not me) wanted.

Absolute baffling why anyone puts blame on Moshiri and thinks anyone else is going to do better.
People put the blame to Moshiri because of the constant errors in staffing decisions, his interferring in tranfsers and day-to-day, lack of clarity/structure at the top, keeping the wrong people/hangers-on in jobs, not letting football people do the football stuff, rewarding failure, never having a plan, basically taking us nowhere at best and backwards at worst, and putting us on the brink of FFP breach despite being a billionaire accountant.

But also he does deserve fair acknowledgement for his willingness to invest, for not being afraid to put money in, and to make decisions - after all, it's other people who have wasted his money, but again, he put them there and has kept them there instead of holding them to account. Again, for the stadium finally happening and being about action not words, he deserves credit... hopefully we wont be relegated to FFP sanctioned before then because of the mistakes of the last few years.

Fully agree about calls for a "new owner asap" though. I'd like to think Moshiri starts getting things right and here's committed for the long haul, otherwise if he sells to the next billionaire that comes along and wants a new toy, it might be 10x worse and we end up doing a Leeds or Portsmouth.

People put the blame to Moshiri because of the constant errors in staffing decisions, his interferring in tranfsers and day-to-day, lack of clarity/structure at the top, keeping the wrong people/hangers-on in jobs, not letting football people do the football stuff, rewarding failure, never having a plan, basically taking us nowhere at best and backwards at worst, and putting us on the brink of FFP breach despite being a billionaire accountant.

But also he does deserve fair acknowledgement for his willingness to invest, for not being afraid to put money in, and to make decisions - after all, it's other people who have wasted his money, but again, he put them there and has kept them there instead of holding them to account. Again, for the stadium finally happening and being about action not words, he deserves credit... hopefully we wont be relegated to FFP sanctioned before then because of the mistakes of the last few years.

Fully agree about calls for a "new owner asap" though. I'd like to think Moshiri starts getting things right and here's committed for the long haul, otherwise if he sells to the next billionaire that comes along and wants a new toy, it might be 10x worse and we end up doing a Leeds or Portsmouth.
Nobody seems to put any blame on Bill Kenwrights complete mismanagement of the club for many years before Moshiris arrival. The wheels where already starting to come off under Roberto. The lack of investment and selling of all sellable assets for years isn't a sustainable business model. However the mismanagement is often overlooked as he got lucky with Moyes hence why Fergie gave him the job at United. Moshiris done more for the club in 5 years than Bill ever has or will.

These problems were always going to rear their heads once we started scraping the wallpaper off. It'll probably take Moshiri a few more years to get us out of this mediocre hole.

The biggest issues under Moshiri that I've seen really are injuries to key players /sellable players which leaves us with a clogged up wage bill and serious injuries to players like Gomes, (hasn't looked the same since), Coleman, Bolasie, Gbamin, McCarthy (after we finally got him fit again), plus the host of other minor injuries we seem plagued with at important moments. All players who definitely would have improved us.

Or players just not working out that probably should have worked out better than they did like Bernard, Lookman, Vlasic, Klaasen, Sigurdsson (to an extent), Sandro and Moise Kean. When we signed these players we were all mostly happy about it and seen them as good signings as did the media. In the 5 years he's been here that's a lot of players injured long term or just not working out when they should have or have elsewhere.

There's been a lot of bad luck there more than bad decisions. We were meant to sell Tosun and he got injured, we'd have probably sold Sigurdsson this summer (we all know what happened there) and Rodriguez threw his dummy out of the pram and went to Dubai, plus the others over the years happy to take wages, hampering us and leaving us with no money for Benitez this summer.

Last edited:
There are a lot of hot takes in this thread, we aren't getting relegated. We have good players at the club (far better than other clubs in this league - which wasn't the case in the struggling late nineties period), they just need to be fit. Let's hope that our bad luck in that area is going to change and we will be relatively injury free to the end of the season.

There are a lot of hot takes in this thread, we aren't getting relegated. We have good players at the club (far better than other clubs in this league - which wasn't the case in the struggling late nineties period), they just need to be fit. Let's hope that our bad luck in that area is going to change and we will be relatively injury free to the end of the season.

We only had our first choice XI out for a total of about 8 games last season and I expect it to be the same again this season.

We only had our first choice XI out for a total of about 8 games last season and I expect it to be the same again this season.

There is a difference between players out and having your best players out for extended periods. We can cope without one or two of a Coleman, Keane, Digne, Godfrey, Townsend etc. game to game but not Richarlison, DCL, Doucoure, Allan, Mina and Gray. No one can say we haven't been unlucky injury wise so far, hopefully this will be the worst of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.