Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're crap but theres about 8 to 10 teams worse than us every season. We have been worse in the past and not got relegated yet every season since Koemans last a relegation thread pops up in here when we have a bad run. Would swear some of our fans are wishing and willing it.

Whilst BMD is being built yes - but post BMD having a 53k stadium in the championship with a billionaire owner, PL parachute money and a solid base to build from we would be back up within 12 months likely with a new chairman, DOF, board and actual fighters/hard workers in the squad keen to put a shift in.

Mates a Villa fan and he said relegation was the best thing that happened to them in hindsight as they were treading water under Randy Lerner / their then board and would have been in a loop of mediocrity for years had they managed to stop up.

Wont happen anyway we are miles too good to finish bottom 3 but its not the doomsday scenario many fans paint it as once our finances have improved.

Fulham fans seem happy being a yo yo club. Could that honestly be worse than mid table mediocrity?

i don’t need these types of posts ffs

We're crap but theres about 8 to 10 teams worse than us every season. We have been worse in the past and not got relegated yet every season since Koemans last a relegation thread pops up in here when we have a bad run. Would swear some of our fans are wishing and willing it.
Name five and I will give you a reason as to why they are not worse than us.

first off i think the idea that relegation could be 'good for us' is nonsensical, i think it could be the death of us but i would be seriously worried that it is a very real possibility this year, given the upcoming fixtures and injuries i would expect us to be bottom 5 starting 2022, is there a worse premier league XI than our team yesterday? i honestly dont think so, we have no options up front, literally none, our defence is a combination of being past it, not good enough, no confidence and lacking a proper leader, midfield you could make the same argument and throw in a lack of pace, gray and townsend provided a new club burst at the start of the season but they are still average players and will more than likely revert to type as the season goes on.

I obviously hope I am completely wrong but we could easily find ourselves sucked in before we know it, the argument for us being grand cos we can bring a few bodies in during january!?!? this is everton, we've been trying to bring in a RB for 4 years now and still haven't managed it and as a result have to play coleman week in week out who should at this stage be providing cover for the RB we bought 4 years ago.......on the plus side if we can get our key players back and fit for the rest of the season, dacoure, DCL and Mina then we should have just about enough, lets hope so

Few fresh faces in jan will help massively, need another winger now aswell as cm. Club needs to start planning how we play which the dof brands should have set out
We need to scrap the DOF idea right away as it clearly doesn't work get a young manager in with a clear plan and a hunger to prove himself not Benitez as who is a busted flush.
Brands needs to go right away today with Benitez as he clearly isn't going to work.
If we act now we can start planning for next season if we don't act we will go down.

Conversely I feel sorry for you accepting the nothingness of mediocrity as the reward of your support.
However revealing your passion for mediocrity at least solves the conundrum of your determined defence of its deliverer.
But surely football should deliver more than endless tedium even if it’s just the hope of something more exciting.
I suspect trainspotting may have provided a more satisfying diversion for your good self.

I just wanna feel something again lad - for God knows how long I've felt the same numbness that sides like Crystal Palace and Southampton fans must feel - midtable 8th-14th nothingness.

Forget the drama queens we are too good to go down and are in no trouble currently regardless of our poor form/points tally likewise we are too poor to get to Wembley in a boss cup run, to a latter stage in Europe or fight for the top 4 spots.

And thats not just solely on the board/manager/players - UEFA/PL only care for the ESL clubs and rules such as FFP are designed to keep clubs like us in our box and 99% of the time it works as only Leicester have achieved anything outside that cabal and they haven't been able to increase their revenues in that time meaning at some stage they'll fall back into the midtable pack.

For a club of any league - being a midtable non entity is a nightmare.

You either want to have the highs of success or the adrenline rush of a 6 pointer encounter or great escape which is what football is all about - the all or nothing feeling that can't be beaten.

We have nothing and thats not going to change unfortunately so my advice to fellow Blues is dont let it get you down as I certainly have little interest in spending my time fuming at the club when come GW 38 we'll be where we always are.

I just wanna feel something again lad - for God knows how long I've felt the same numbness that sides like Crystal Palace and Southampton fans must feel - midtable 8th-14th nothingness.

Forget the drama queens we are too good to go down and are in no trouble currently regardless of our poor form/points tally likewise we are too poor to get to Wembley in a boss cup run, to a latter stage in Europe or fight for the top 4 spots.

And thats not just solely on the board/manager/players - UEFA/PL only care for the ESL clubs and rules such as FFP are designed to keep clubs like us in our box and 99% of the time it works as only Leicester have achieved anything outside that cabal and they haven't been able to increase their revenues in that time meaning at some stage they'll fall back into the midtable pack.

For a club of any league - being a midtable non entity is a nightmare.

You either want to have the highs of success or the adrenline rush of a 6 pointer encounter or great escape which is what football is all about - the all or nothing feeling that can't be beaten.

We have nothing and thats not going to change unfortunately so my advice to fellow Blues is dont let it get you down as I certainly have little interest in spending my time fuming at the club when come GW 38 we'll be where we always are.

We've historically been a side of battlers, even in the glory years, it wasn't necessarily pretty, but it was effective.

I think that's engrained in every Evertonian. The problem is, for the first time how long, we've been ran by people with wild ideas, and it's backfired. We went into "Win now" mode, and signed a load of players who've never won a pot in their life. We signed players who for whatever reason, were deemed not good enough by bigger sides, which ultimately is telling.

You can blame FFP, and you can blame whatever you want, but what? What do we do? Just continue pouring money down the drain? FFP is probably saving us right now, as it's stopping us blowing even more money than ever before.

We're midtable, we've got extremely average players - on high wages too, and we blew our opportunity. We went Off-Piste from our very effective model of signing players which served so well for years, and it's came back to bite us.

I get you completely, I miss the thrills of being competitive, it's not happened a lot in my lifetime, but when it does, it's great.

I honestly had a boss two weeks of no Everton, and now i'm fuming for the same old reasons. 6 different managers, same level of effort. £500m wasted, without as much as 6 decent players. Millions wasted in wages on duds like Bolasie, Tosun, who are free to walk away.

We're soft, and unless we change that mentality, which has unsurprisingly went hand in hand with us, since Blue Bill came in, we'll never see any remote form of success.

It’s a low chance as I expect us to improve in the second half of the season if injuries improve.

Saying that though if injuries don’t improve and we are seeing Keane Coleman Iwobi Davies etc. continuously getting selected then we won’t be winning many games it’s that simple. The drop off from Doucoure Mina DCL Gray Richarlison Allan Digne to the players that replace them is huge. When they don’t play we suffer.

Please stop including him in the list of good players, he’s a constant in all of our crap runs.

We aren’t magically exempt though. Newcastle are bottom yet St Maximin and Wilson would absolutely walk into our team.

I watched Leeds lose yesterday and they still played better than we have in any game all season.

Please stop including him in the list of good players, he’s a constant in all of our crap runs.

When he’s isolated by himself he looks poor as he can’t do everything. Put him next to Docuoure and he’s a completely different player. His stats for winning the ball back, blocks, interceptions, are up there with the best in the league. He’s not the quickest player but positionally he’s extremely good. It’s all about the distance he’s expected to cover. If it’s below a certain amount in front of the back 4 then he’s a ball winning machine. Once the legs are lost around him he has to start then covering fat bigger areas of the pitch, then he starts getting played around and everyone calls him crap.

This is why I said at the beginning of the season that the only viable partnership we have in midfield is Allan and Docuoure unless Gomes or Gbamin are suddenly going to hit some form that we’ve not seen from them for years. Delph Davies Siggurdson and the current versions of Gomes and Gbamin just don’t have the pace to play in a midfield two in the premier league.

There may be an argument for moving to a midfield three, but again with Doucoure injured, any decent team just runs/ passes around the two attacking midfielders and then are straight in on Allan playing holding mid who is having to cover the entire pitch.

There are no options out of this until we either get Docuoure back, rehabilitate Gomes or Gbamin back to the players we thought we were buying, or get a new midfielder in January.

The idea that relegation would be good for us is idiotic.Anybody who attended the Wimbledon game 94 and Coventry 98 would surely not want to go through that again and we survived both times by a hairs breath.
We're to good to go down really ?
1994 team 1998 team

Southall Myhre
Ablett Okane
Unsworth Watson
Watson Short
Snodin Tiler
Ebrell Ball
Horne Farrelly
Limpar Hutchinson
Stuart Barmby
Cottee Ferguson
Rideout Madar

I would take the 94 team over our current team in a heartbeat, Even the 98 team includes maybe 5 who are better than we have got.

Ultimately the buck stops with Moshiri.I will always grateful to him for building the new ground if it happens but his football decisions have been atrocious and he can't keep making the same mistakes he seems to ready to take advice from people who are just as clueless as he is.
As a businessman he surely must know that you succeed or fail by your recruitment .

We have 15 points now and if we can get 20+ by January, we are fine, no Europe but looking to get Top 10.

From now and January we have:
Brentford A - draw/win
Liverpool H - loss/draw
Palace A - draw/win
Chelsea A - loss/draw
Leicester H - draw/win
Burnley A - draw/win
Newcastle H - draw/win

Honestly if we can get Mina, DCL and Doucoure back early December, I can see between 5 to best case 15 points. If I was a betting man, I'd say 9/10 points.

We have to find Allan a partner in the middle of the park possiblity Delph or Onyango and use Doucoure higher which will push teams back.

It is gonna be a tough December but a win v Brentford would be huge and give us a boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.