Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may get a Leicester freak result once every half a century or so but you're spot on as much as I dont like our board and blame them for the last 20 years of stagnation ultimately FFP/VAR are tools to ensure clubs like us stay in midtable bobbling around with no ups and downs forevermore.

People slate the Championship etc but every lower league fan I know (Villa, Burnley, QPR) all preferred their time in that league than they currently do/did in the PL for the above reasons on top of ticket pricing, sanitised matchday experience, cant celebrate a last minute winner thanks to VAR etc.

The top flight is finished for clubs like us if you want more than the joys of 3 points every now and again against a scab 6 side like its some trophy win - pray the ESL happens and the scum 6 leave with SKY/BT/BEIN and we can restore some balance.
I would love a league where there is more chance.

There is no joy in it anymore.

I don't think it will be this year, but the current course of the club is not a good one. Many things have to change or we might get closer to the drop than people think over the next few seasons.
I may have been too optimistic. It could well be this year.

I would love a league where there is more chance.

There is no joy in it anymore.

FFP has raised the drawbridge for the top teams. Can't generate the money to buy elite talent without first having the elite talent to get the wins. Only chance for teams like Everton is the Academy needs to regularly produce impact players and they have fallen well short on that.

FFP has raised the drawbridge for the top teams. Can't generate the money to buy elite talent without first having the elite talent to get the wins. Only chance for teams like Everton is the Academy needs to regularly produce impact players and they have fallen well short on that.
That's true. I'm amazed we don't have a couple of chaps ready and willing to come through instead of having to buy Rondon. What happened to the "reserve centre forward getting his chance"?

We'll be okay when DCL comes back but a few more bad results and Rafael could be bounced by then.

If in trouble in Jan we'll surely have to spend as well. That team today would take us down but it's not our best team.

Yep. Anyone trying to rationalise going down to the Championship as a good thing most definitely gets a middle finger.
I’m not rationalising relegation. I’m rationalising giving up football all together. I see no point in us as a club anymore. Football is not run for us. We could fold tomorrow and there would be a few small waves of regret and then it would carry on as before.

We are pointless now.

Status
Not open for further replies.