Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all rests on Leeds game against Brentford. If Leeds do not win that, we can lose both games.

I know we can get ourselves out of this by winning against Palace or Arsenal. Even two draws would be enough but Arsenal really need that win to beat Tottenham for Champions League so I think if we do not win against Crystal Palace (A very tough game) then we will need Brentford to draw with Leeds.

Burnley will get 3-4 points from Aston Villa and Newcastle, I think they will have enough to remain in the PL. It is a difficult time for us but we can stay up, come on the blues.

We're all staying in the ground on Thursday right? (If we don't win) Burnley kick off 15 minutes after us. Let's hope they're getting battered so we can just head home.

Probably best that they don't have anything to play for on the last day. But even then it will still be incredibly tough getting something there
weve actually won our last 3 against Arsenal I think, its not impossible by any stretch and our best performances seem to come against the better sides where we can sit in and break.
Certainly dont want to go into it needing anything like, we seem to always finish with Arsenal late in the season

Are we wanting an Arsenal win or loss tonight or doesn’t it not matter?

It does not matter

An Arsenal win or draw against Tottenham would have been better for us because then they would have secured Champions League Football before playing us.

Even an Arsenal loss means they still must win or hope Tottenham drop points away to Norwich on the last games.

We're all staying in the ground on Thursday right? (If we don't win) Burnley kick off 15 minutes after us. Let's hope they're getting battered so we can just head home.
The way the permutations are Thursday is really just about us: win and we’re safe any other result and we go to the final game. Burnley losing would help massively but can’t really change a bad result for us to a good one.

It does not matter

An Arsenal win or draw against Tottenham would have been better for us because then they would have secured Champions League Football before playing us.

Even an Arsenal loss means they still must win or hope Tottenham drop points away to Norwich on the last games.
An Arsenal win tonight means they have to beat us for 4th spot. So it does matter.

It all rests on Leeds game against Brentford. If Leeds do not win that, we can lose both games.

I know we can get ourselves out of this by winning against Palace or Arsenal. Even two draws would be enough but Arsenal really need that win to beat Tottenham for Champions League so I think if we do not win against Crystal Palace (A very tough game) then we will need Brentford to draw with Leeds.

Burnley will get 3-4 points from Aston Villa and Newcastle, I think they will have enough to remain in the PL. It is a difficult time for us but we can stay up, come on the blues.

come on the blues (leeds please lose)

It does not matter

I think it does matter slightly. If Arsenal drop points tonight then Spurs are in control and will be expected to easily beat Norwich. So while Arsenal will still need to win they might go in feeling their chance has gone and if Spurs are up early the air might go out of the balloon among fans and team entirely.

i really, really don't think there is any point at all stressing about the arsenal result tonight lol
there isn't at all. People are acting like they'd have been on the beach for their last home game of the season if they'd already sealed CL.

We have one thing to worry about - Thursday.

One positive thought: yesterday was horribly frustrating because we blew a chance to be mathematically safe. But before the Chelsea game we were 5 points adrift in 18th. At that point even going to the last two games with a *chance* to stay up would’ve probably been a decent outcome. Being 16th, in control, and the least likely of the three to go down is right at the upper end of expectations.

So, here's another example of our torrid creativity.

Here's our top creative players in the league this season. Notice how high a player who hasn't played for us since December 1st still is?

Player Chances Created (inc. assists) Chances Created from Set Play Games Played
Gray, Demarai411032
Iwobi, Alexander35326
Gordon, Anthony321233
Townsend, Andros31921
Richarlison29229
Digne, Lucas22913
Doucouré, Abdoulaye18028
Allan15028
Coleman, Séamus12129
Godfrey, Ben12123
Kenny, Jonjoe10013
Keane, Michael8030
Rondón, Salomón8020
Calvert-Lewin, Dominic8015
Mykolenko, Vitalii6212
Alli, Dele519
Pickford, Jordan4034
André Gomes4013
Delph, Fabian4011
Holgate, Mason2023
van de Beek, Donny206
Mina, Yerry1013

Here's Premier League chances created per 90 (you can discount Alli as he's hardly played so those stats get skewed).

Player Chances Created (inc. assists) Chances Created from Set Play Games Played
Alli, Dele2.050.419
Townsend, Andros1.910.5621
Iwobi, Alexander1.70.1526
Digne, Lucas1.690.6913
Gray, Demarai1.660.432
Gordon, Anthony1.310.4933
Richarlison1.070.0729
Kenny, Jonjoe0.97013
Rondón, Salomón0.92020
Doucouré, Abdoulaye0.67028
Calvert-Lewin, Dominic0.65015
André Gomes0.63013