Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all but safe. We need to complete the job Sunday, and repeat the performance we had previously. It's very likely we win and its very likely Leeds dont and Burnley lose.

As for Van Der Beek, his record speaks for itself. Hes played in CL semi finals, and been part of a team that knocked Madrid, Juventus out. Hes clearly a good player, but hes injury prone and probably not that well suited to the English game.
We are not all but safe. This point is better than 0 but a win would have had us 'all but safe'. We are still very much in the mire. A point not the end of the world because we'd all have taken 7 from 9.

Need a much improved performance, from players and the manager, come Sunday.

My only issue with that is they go into the game knowing they need to win. it can go one of two ways, but I wouldn’t write them off not beating brighton
It's mad.

They went on a 5-game unbeaten run, which yes while fortunate, only ended because they played Man City.

They'll have Elland Road full on behind them because, well, frankly, it's just Brighton.

They also know that it puts all of the pressure back on us.

I would not be surprised at all if we start the Brentford game below Leeds. I equally would not be surprised to see us start that game only needing a point to ensure safety.

We are not all but safe. This point is better than 0 but a win would have had us 'all but safe'. We are still very much in the mire. A point not the end of the world because we'd all have taken 7 from 9.

Need a much improved performance, from players and the manager, come Sunday.

I think with Leeds being trollied we are almost there. Not quite, but almost.

Yes we missed a chance tonight, but the points all count.

Palace are ok, but likely on the beach now. Brentford got trollied by us when we were playing a lot worse. I think the fans get us a win in at least 1 of those games.
I think if we can find a way past Brentford we end up with 6pts from those two. I think if we lose we end up with 0.

We’re relying so heavily on the fans but I can’t see them keeping up their levels of the last couple of weeks if we’re going into the Palace game needing a win.

I think with Leeds being trollied we are almost there. Not quite, but almost.
They get beat on Sunday and I'll have your faith.

But we don't know that yet.

All we can do is do our bit and, well we still need four points to be absolutely certain. And we need them before that Arsenal game.

I mean we could. But it would be highly unlikely given our home form. We have been beating sides far better than Palace/Brentford for fun.
'for fun'

we've won two games against teams better than Palace, Brentford at home and that was nervy games v a crap Man Utd and an underperforming Chelsea, which we needed a huge couple of saves from Pickford in and a bit of luck.

Before that we'd won one league game at all this bloody year home or away, and that was Leeds in February.

Honestly mate, I do not know what you're sniffing but I'd like some

I think if we can find a way past Brentford we end up with 6pts from those two. I think if we lose we end up with 0.

We’re relying so heavily on the fans but I can’t see them keeping up their levels of the last couple of weeks if we’re going into the Palace game needing a win.

I dont think the games matter that much mate. We could win against Brentford and switch off. Or have a reaction v Palace after a defeat.

Hopefully we better Leeds result Sunday and we are safe.

'for fun'

we've won two games against teams better than Palace, Brentford at home and that was nervy games v a crap Man Utd and an underperforming Chelsea, which we needed a huge couple of saves from Pickford in and a bit of luck.

Before that we'd won one league game at all this bloody year home or away, and that was Leeds in February.

Honestly mate, I do not know what you're sniffing but I'd like some

Since Lampard has come in, we have defeated Chelsea and United at home who are much better than Palace. We also deserved a draw v City. Hammered Brentford and Leeds too.

What happened before Lampard is irrelevant as I clearly stated "since Lampard". Objectively, you would fancy us to win against Palace at home. In all honesty far more so than even Watford away, as the away form has been woeful.

I dont think the games matter that much mate. We could win against Brentford and switch off. Or have a reaction v Palace after a defeat.

Hopefully we better Leeds result Sunday and we are safe.
Yeah. Given the teams’ respective performances over the season, it wouldn’t surprise me if we stay up by virtue of both losing all their remaining games!!

Status
Not open for further replies.