Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton are in great form, Leeds are in woeful for. Leeds a point at most.

We hammered Brentford earlier this season at Goodison, and Palace are on the beach. Tonight was another good night.

We are all but safe
I don't agree that it was a good night or that we are all but safe. That's a ludicrous statement. We have 36 points, two clear of the teams below us and we haven't now got a game in hand on one of them.

We have a massive, massive game on Sunday.

yes, if things go our way at Elland Road then a point will be enough, or if Leeds get a draw then a win will secure it.

But to say 'we are all but safe' is up there with your 'Van de Beek is as good as Gareth Barry' shout from after the Leeds game.

I'm optimistic going into Brentford, but just as we've shown signs of life recently, they've actually improved a lot after a mid season slump, so think anyone expecting a repeat of the cup game need to put that out of their minds.
We do not have anywhere near 4 goals in us.

We beat them 4-1 in the cup when Goodison was bouncing. it will be the same again Sunday we have every chance.

Didn't Brentford put their second string out? Plus Eriksen added to the mix. They've won about 7/9 since he started.

One of those teams you don't really want to fall 1 down to (same for Palace) so as ever getting the first goal to hang onto is critical.

Leeds not beating Brighton in the earlier game will ease the pressure hopefully.

He hasn’t though has he. Being an improvement on Benitez isn’t saying much is it let’s be honest.

Has been for me.

There is a lack of professionalism and winning mentality right through this squad, and when you throw in injuries most weeks to key players, it's going to mean it's hard to turn things round until he has a chance to bring in his own players.

We will have more of an idea next season but he's inherited a mess.

Given the responses in this thread tonight, I'm beginning to wonder what people were expecting the night we lost at Burnley. We were never going to storm out of trouble after that. It was always going to be an ordeal from that point on. We are in prime position to survive now and, yes, there will be twists and turns before we know our fate. But we are very much alive and kicking and can still save ourselves. We need a maximum of four points to stay up. We have every chance of getting those - and we quite possibly will need even fewer than that to breathe again.

I don't agree that it was a good night or that we are all but safe. That's a ludicrous statement. We have 36 points, two clear of the teams below us and we haven't now got a game in hand on one of them.

We have a massive, massive game on Sunday.

yes, if things go our way at Elland Road then a point will be enough, or if Leeds get a draw then a win will secure it.

But to say 'we are all but safe' is up there with your 'Van de Beek is as good as Gareth Barry' shout from after the Leeds game.

We are all but safe. We need to complete the job Sunday, and repeat the performance we had previously. It's very likely we win and its very likely Leeds dont and Burnley lose.

As for Van Der Beek, his record speaks for itself. Hes played in CL semi finals, and been part of a team that knocked Madrid, Juventus out. Hes clearly a good player, but hes injury prone and probably not that well suited to the English game.

Status
Not open for further replies.