Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watford's first clean sheet at home all season.
I think you have hit the nail firmly on the head, we couldn't score against an under strength championship team who haven't managed to keep anyone out this season.
In terms of re-building we need Kevin McCloud, Nick Knowles, the wee Northern Irish fella, Dion Dublin, a change to the planning regulations and that is just to get us started.

Opportunity missed tonight, but I’m sure most blues would have taken 4 points away from Leicester and Watford, regardless of their league position, due to our absolute gashness away from Goodison. Should have won it, and it would have felt a little more comfortable, but it isn’t a bad result - we know we can’t trust these players and it seems Frank doesn’t either now - it’s the pragmatism we’ve been asking for and people are laying into him. The sooner the majority of this terrible squad is sent packing the better.
This is exactly it.

I'm no Lampard fan - he got the job on name recognition - but he's being a pragmatist now having seen this rabble throw him under the bus at Spurs, Palace, and Burnley. He knows they cannot be trusted. He is inching us to safety. It'll probably go to next Thursday night and Palace.

I thought we were dead and buried pre-Chelsea and now I think we’ll likely stay up.

I’d have 100% taken 4pts from the last two fixtures pre-Leicester.

What winds me up massively is the lack of bottle on display tonight, primarily from the manager. From the POV of what might happen after the next round of games, worst case scenario Leeds and Burnley win and we lose, they’d overtake us whether we’d lost or drawn. Had we won, however, we’d have been two results ahead of them.

Not to mention the very basic fact we’d just beaten two far, far better teams than the one we faced tonight. FAR. We had momentum and the fans who has roared us over the line in the last two were in full voice again. If EVER there was a time to go for broke this was it.

I’m not talking about a 1-4-5 formation or playing rush goalie, I’m talking a simple 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. A centre forward to focus on. Even if we went route one and had Richy and Gordon sniffing round for scraps it’d have been indicative of us going for the win from the first minute.

Tonight, in terms of mentality, was such a huge backwards step that the remaining fixtures themselves aren’t what worry me, it’s getting ourselves back up to that mentality when we should have been riding the wave into the Brentford game. We should have had our flip-flops on at The Emirates.

Yes, our fixtures are favourable, but what if we don’t get the rub of the green against Brentford? Bit of bad luck or a bad decision and we end up with 0pts? All of a sudden that Palace game that people in here favour so much more than Leeds or Burnley’s fixtures becomes a million times more difficult.

To cut my ramble short: Tonight was as close to 3pts on a plate as you can possibly get in this division. If we’d have gone for it I am utterly convinced we’d have got it (or experienced such a travesty in luck that we could at least have been sure God hates us). Massive missed opportunity and it is far from certain that it won’t come back to bite us.

Strange take. But that's up to you
It comes from experience. Tiny little things. Like the amount of times we've strung 2 wins together in the past and then someone has started a 'how many points from the next 5 games' thread and we ended up getting 1/15.

Just, one game at a time.

Leeds will beat Brighton. Their lot will be right up for it and Brighton have absolutely nothing to play for 2-0 to Leeds. We have got two decent teams to play yet in Brentford and Palace, who have both beaten us comfortably this season. Sorry all but this result has put us in massive danger again.

Brighton are in great form, Leeds are in woeful for. Leeds a point at most.

We hammered Brentford earlier this season at Goodison, and Palace are on the beach. Tonight was another good night.

We are all but safe

No away fixture for this Everton is easy none. We got beat by Norwich away even.
A good point, but just because our home form is better by comparison it doesn’t make it “good” and so Brentford and Palace aren’t bankers.

In the context of what we had left before tonight, Watford’s general crapness and their heavily depleted squad, this was the easiest 3pts on offer by a pretty comfortable distance.

I know we had chances but that’s more a measure of just how awful they were than how effective our system was. If we’d have been on the front foot we’d have all been crushing our eighth can each by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.