Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want us out of that relegation zone as I’m still not 100% confident that we don’t just capitulate in our next two aways. If we win tomorrow then the momentum surely takes us out of it.

Last weeks’s win and the fans performance could be the huge turning point we were after.

What a difference a week makes, but we have to do our own stuff.

I thought we were practically down this time last week.

But we are still in the bottom three. Games in hand mean nothing if we lose them.

The team must stand up now, individually and as a group. Safety is there but we have to grab it for ourselves.
No idea why everyone said Burnley where safe. I still don’t think they get another point this season. Hopefully we pull safe now

Just want us out of that relegation zone as I’m still not 100% confident that we don’t just capitulate in our next two aways. If we win tomorrow then the momentum surely takes us out of it.

Last weeks’s win and the fans performance could be the huge turning point we were after.
I've been saying this all week" if we get out of the bottom 3 I dont think we go back into it again.

Burnley losing today is massive.

Villa will beat them again at Villa Park and Spurs will give them a hiding to wipe out their GD advantage over us. I can easily see Newcastle beating them too.

Burnley will finish on either 34 or 35 points. I dont think that's unrealistic. So one more win for us in the last 5 games could do it.

What a day. Burnley had got their noses in front but it is a legitimate 3 way battle now.

That defeat means we could stay up with 38 points which is great as 40+ seemed like a stretch whilst 2 wins in 5 given our fixtures looks achievable. Chelsea drawing is a bonus as they will now need to take Leeds seriously. Despite the defeat it has been a good day for Saints with that Burnley defeat. They are now as good as safe

I wouldn’t say Saints are safe. If we’ve learnt anything recently it’s that Burnley can find wins when they need them. Wouldn’t be long odds on them beating Villa and Newcastle.

Great result for us today, if we get anything tomorrow I think Burnley's kecks will roll up. I really believe to more wins would be enough for us now, the more difficult part is getting the two wins. If we can take four points from these two away games, I think we will be ok.
Burnley lost both centre backs now! Big players for them

I've been saying this all week" if we get out of the bottom 3 I dont think we go back into it again.

Burnley losing today is massive.

Villa will beat them again at Villa Park and Spurs will give them a hiding to wipe out their GD advantage over us. I can easily see Newcastle beating them too.

Burnley will finish on either 34 or 35 points. I dont think that's unrealistic. So one more win for us in the last 5 games could do it.
Burnley got their bounce too early , might be the worst thing for them to win those games and not get a new manager in, as I agree they could easily go the other way now…Adrenalin carries you so far and they were brought down to earth with a bump today.

We could have timed our form quite nicely. Since the Burnley loss we have scrapped like hell even in defeat to the RS and the draw v Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.