Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread is a classic as well

Ah yes! I missed that. All the class clowns gloating about 2 genuinely awful performances v Burnley and Southampton.

I really worry for Burnley long term, even if they do survive this season. It just feels like they are delaying the inevitable if they stay up.

They have by far the worst type of ownership model in football and relegation could put them in massive, massive trouble. Any changes to the parachute payments could well be near-fatal for them if (or more likely when) they go down.
You don’t care about any team except the mighty peds.

Football finances have been mental for years and years, even right at the very top of the game (cough* Chelsea *cough) - this isn’t nothing new.

I’m more worried about the immediate future of Everton and hope Burnley crash and get walloped every single game until seasons end.

Leeds could.

And don’t forget, it 34/35 points he was referring to.

Leeds could conceivably take just one point from those last four games ergo three more points for us, taking us to 35, would do it given our superior GD.

That said, I am thinking ten points from our last five games is doable for us and that might even get us above Villa given thier downturn and the fixtures they have coming up.

I think it's very wishful thinking.

Be astounded if 34/35 is enough.

I think it's very wishful thinking.

Be astounded if 34/35 is enough.
I'm expecting Leeds to pick up six points from their last four games, think they will look at Brighton home and Brentford away last day as "winnable"just hoping they pick up nothing from Arsenal and Chelsea,they finish on 40 points meaning we require eight points, thankfully we have a much better GD than them, who knows though, as Fronk says we can only control our own destiny.

I'm expecting Leeds to pick up six points from their last four games, think they will look at Brighton home and Brentford away last day as "winnable"just hoping they pick up nothing from Arsenal and Chelsea,they finish on 40 points meaning we require eight points, thankfully we have a much better GD than them, who knows though, as Fronk says we can only control our own destiny.

Think we'll need 3 more wins.

Leeds could.

Leeds could conceivably take just one point from those last four games ergo three more points for us, taking us to 35, would do it given our superior GD.

That said, I am thinking ten points from our last five games is doable for us and that might even get us above Villa given thier downturn and the fixtures they have coming up.

Villa's recent performances have actually been decent, their results don't paint the full picture. I think they'll get 3/4 points from the two Burnley games

You were crying because Benitez used to manage LFC not because of his record as a manager (which CV wise their are not many better out there).

Lets not be silly now.
This has been done to death. Tbh I don't think his CV is that brilliant. Two cups at Liverpool (in 6 years) and they were chucking money around. He was lucky enough to have Slippy in his team. Without him he'd have been sacked in his first season. 05 was a comedic run of luck.

Did alright in Italy but wasn't uprooting trees. His last success pretty much a decade ago. He's a has-been and a fat RS to boot.

I agree with this. I think it will be Leeds that go down. With us and Burnely staying up.
Leeds could.

Status
Not open for further replies.