Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky Bum time all round

I really worry for Burnley long term, even if they do survive this season. It just feels like they are delaying the inevitable if they stay up.

They have by far the worst type of ownership model in football and relegation could put them in massive, massive trouble. Any changes to the parachute payments could well be near-fatal for them if (or more likely when) they go down.

I really worry for Burnley long term, even if they do survive this season. It just feels like they are delaying the inevitable if they stay up.

They have by far the worst type of ownership model in football and relegation could put them in massive, massive trouble. Any changes to the parachute payments could well be near-fatal for them if (or more likely when) they go down.
I think in the economic climate, a good few teams, Ourselves included could be part of that overall, potential financial collapse, its imperative that we maintain our top flight status and agree Burnley could be a victim of this if they go.

Havin said all that i hope they get right royally bummed in their remaining fixtures!

Right now, I couldn’t care less what relegation does to them tbh.

Reading back the first 20 pages of this thread.. The players were playing with the same arrogance as the fans.

This thread is a classic as well

You think Leeds and Burnley could conceivably lose all of their remaining games? They're on 34 atm.

Leeds could.

And don’t forget, it 34/35 points he was referring to.

Leeds could conceivably take just one point from those last four games ergo three more points for us, taking us to 35, would do it given our superior GD.

That said, I am thinking ten points from our last five games is doable for us and that might even get us above Villa given thier downturn and the fixtures they have coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.