Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
6125CE66-1FC2-47EF-8574-BFAEEA729C15.jpeg

These are Sportrac estimates but figures look pretty realistic other than Dom. Gomes will be hard to get out the door on that money but if we do manage to shift the seven highest earners above Godfrey it’s an enormous saving, and notably we are only losing 2 players who have made a meaningful contribution this year. Add Allan and Tosun and it’s close to 50 million a year saved, keep the rest (unless there are offers for Keane or Holgate) and it’s still a decent nucleus of a younger hopefully more hungry squad.

Lads, if we get relegated the club isn’t folding you know. We might have money woes but we’re not going into administration and we can right them by just selling our bigger players.
Why say something so negative. I had hopes of us folding and finally being free of the thing that's going to kill me.

So how many wins do we need then? 4 from 6?

Will that keep us up?
9 or 10 points could be enough. 12 would definitely do it imo. It's in our hands like as there are 4 beatable teams left to play so it's on Lampard and the players now to deliver

Gordon is one of the last players I’d sell in the Championship, I think he’d thrive there.

I think he'd be one of the top 5 players in that league, but I don't think he'll want to play championship football, and I don't think we will be in a position to turn down good money, and a massive profit in the accounts. He's literally the only player in our squad, maybe other than Pickford, who doesn't deserve a relegation this season.

I think he'd be one of the top 5 players in that league, but I don't think he'll want to play championship football, and I don't think we will be in a position to turn down good money, and a massive profit in the accounts.

Personally think he's still rough that I can't see anyone wanting to take a punt on him at the moment. No club in the top 10 put it that way.

View attachment 163512
These are Sportrac estimates but figures look pretty realistic other than Dom. Gomes will be hard to get out the door on that money but if we do manage to shift the seven highest earners above Godfrey it’s an enormous saving, and notably we are only losing 2 players who have made a meaningful contribution this year. Add Allan and Tosun and it’s close to 50 million a year saved, keep the rest (unless there are offers for Keane or Holgate) and it’s still a decent nucleus of a younger hopefully more hungry squad.

Said before we save a million a week if Gomes, Mina, Allan, Pickford, Richy, Dom leave. Which in all likelihood will happen regardless what league we're in.

Delph, Icelandic Babysitter, Tosun already going.

Richy has had probably his worst ever season...and he is probably not the only to be blamed for it...our managers keeps playing him on top when we all know that his best position is on the left. Pickford has been ok, but I cant really recall a game where he was the man of the match helping us getting more points on the board.
I'n not saying either of them have been world-class. I'm saying they've been the best of our deplorably bad bunch.

Given how they each perform at international level, I have every reason to believe that IF they had a better supporting cast here they'd produce more like they do at international level.

If finances make it completely unavoidable then sure, we should sell ONE of them. But we should really be looking to sell Allan, Gomes, Holgate, Keane and Mina first. No point selling DCL, Pickford and / or Richy but keeping the bulk of a failing squad.

Personally think he's still rough that I can't see anyone wanting to take a punt on him at the moment. No club in the top 10 put it that way.

I think there are lots of midtable teams who would be happy to pay at least 15-20m for him based on this season. And I don't think we will be in a position to turn down that sort of cash. I could see Southampton. Leicester, Wolves, Palace, Brighton, Villa, Leeds etc all being very interested. And £20m isn't a stretch these days either, all those clubs potentially pay it.

I can predict the future, Burnley go to Watford a team on thier worse home form ever and Burnley win. A week later Everton rock up and get smashed 5-0

It’s more than enough to complete though; it’s £500m. I’ve never bought this net spend bollocks off the RS when they harp on about it be the same applies to us.

£500m on good quality is more than enough to challenge for top 4

What would you say the value of our squad is now?

3 if we can find a point somewhere else.

3 wins
1 draw
2 losses

Anything worse and I think we go
I keep thinking our best chance of wins are Watford Brentford Palace games, but don’t think we’ve won two on the bounce since September so to expect three seems wildly optimistic, especially as we will likely be well adrift of safety.

Chelsea h - chance for a point
Leicester a - chance for a point
Watford a - chance for a win
Brentford h - chance for a win
Palace h - chance for a win
Arsenal a - I have no hope we will get anything here, we need to be safe by this point or we are relying on others. Desperate times.

Status
Not open for further replies.