Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how away form can be so bad. I mean, don't the players claim Goodison puts too much pressure on them ?

Remember when pundits used to say (2020) the Goodison crowd was to blame for poor results. We put the players under too much pressure.

Then covid came along and our Goodison form was even worse with no crowd. Shut the pundits up.
Now we have transferred that form to away games this season.

The reality all along for the past two years is that our players are just not good enough.
We are a poor team and have had too many managers with different ideas, all of whom have failed to fix the defence from the Jags departure and build from the back.
Imagine trying that as an idea. Any manager going to a struggling club tries to sort out the defence. Not Everton. Keep going with Keane and Holgate for 5 years and wonder why we keep losing.
Of course, there is a lot more to it. I know that. But you start at the back.

Time to take it on the chin and move on lads. If we go down then we go down. Life will move on and the vast majority of us will continue to support the club. No one's going to die. I know it's difficult to not be meldomatic (as I'm quite prone to being that why myself after bad results at the best of times!) but we have to start putting things in perspective.

Premier League or Championship or League One or even lower, I support Everton Football Club and despite what some fools are saying, the club isn't dead. I reckon the majority of people feel the same and will continue to support us even if we're sitting thorough the lowest ebb in the clubs entire history. Those who can't take the stick and want to turn in their keys can do one. They where never true fans anyway & we're better off without them.

Time to take it on the chin and move on lads. If we go down then we go down. Life will move on and the vast majority of us will continue to support the club. No one's going to die. I know it's difficult to not be meldomatic (as I'm quite prone to being that why myself after bad results at the best of times!) but we have to start putting things in perspective.

Premier League or Championship or League One or even lower, I support Everton Football Club and despite what some fools are saying, the club isn't dead. I reckon the majority of people feel the same and will continue to support us even if we're sitting thorough the lowest ebb in the clubs entire history. Those who can't take the stick and want to turn in their keys can do one. They where never true fans anyway & we're better off without them.

Quite right.

Villa went down quite recently and came back stronger straight away.
No world beaters, but in a much better position than we are: in the league, FFP, current players and prospects coming through.

Not to mention they have done the double on us. Nuff said.

Villa spent three seasons in the championship including finishing 13th the first season in that division.

They did go down with a very poor and weak squad and it took time.
When I said straight away I didn't mean the following season. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

You have to rebuild and it takes time. If it takes 3 seasons, so be it,
But don't go down in the first place!

Agreed. It is very concerning but I have a tough time seeing Burnley winning 3-4 games. It's hard to picture a team like Burnley, who has been so poor all season, is going to go on this amazing run and potentially finish 16th even.
It isn't too much of a leap when you look at last night and the other games they have to come. Folk are dismissing their chances of putting even a mini-run together when there is plenty of history of sides coming back from the dead to do so. And it's not like they were cut adrift a few weeks ago. I'd make them favorites to stay up now. I hope I'm wrong.

Villa spent three seasons in the championship including finishing 13th the first season in that division.

Does anyone honestly think we would come back inside 3 years?

We are more likely to go down to league 1 than come up to the premier league again under this ownership. Our wage budget is about 4 times too high for the championship and we will struggle badly to move these players on. Let's be honest, who on earth would want them at their current wage value.

It isn't too much of a leap when you look at last night and the other games they have to come. Folk are dismissing their chances of putting even a mini-run together when there is plenty of history of sides coming back from the dead to do so. And it's not like they were cut adrift a few weeks ago. I'd make them favorites to stay up now. I hope I'm wrong.
Agree with all of that, but the same goes for us. People are dismissing us going on a mini run but saying Burnley will.

We need to win 3 more games. We won't win on Sunday, so we will need to win 3 in 6 after winning only 3 in about 20.

Leicester was a massive missed opportunity, as was Wolves at home, and the Burnley result was near catastrophic.

All of our last 6 are opportunities to get points, but once we drop into the bottom 3, I don't back these players to have the courage to fight back out. Some of them haven't even realised we are in deep trouble.

Does anyone honestly think we would come back inside 3 years?

We are more likely to go down to league 1 than come up to the premier league again under this ownership. Our wage budget is about 4 times too high for the championship and we will struggle badly to move these players on. Let's be honest, who on earth would want them at their current wage value.

It's frightening.
What has happened these last 2 years especially is becoming unsalvageable.

I think relegation could be a disaster, but it depends how the board react.
Could go either way. But whether we came back up or continue to slide, it will be with new faces all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.