Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought but as desperate as we are to win some silverware would anyone take the FA Cup and relegation a la Wigan? I know I certainly wouldn't and, in any event, we still have to navigate Hull away this weekend.

Anybody who paid any attention to Newcastle under Benitez will know that we are going out of the cup very tamely - resting 5 or 6 players in the process.

Norwich away this month. 3 points
Lose that and I think Benitez must be sacked. No questions, no excuses, if we can’t beat them (even away) we must act. If we aren’t safe by end of Feb, we could be in big trouble. How big could that game against Brentford on the 15th of may be?

6 of our last 8 games are against West Ham, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal, if we’ve not got a good 12-15 point buffer on the teams in the relegation zone going into this run in then we’re really going to be sweating.

Have absolutely no belief that Benitez will get us the points we need by then

posting this here too
40d256db-f9dd-4f43-be94-64771172bb09.jpg

Just a thought but as desperate as we are to win some silverware would anyone take the FA Cup and relegation a la Wigan? I know I certainly wouldn't and, in any event, we still have to navigate Hull away this weekend.
No never.

Personally I have no interest this weekend in the cup, first time in ages i really don’t care about it.

I want some points on the board.

It's got Wimbledon/Coventry written all over it...but third time lucky? I just don't see it? And the Arse (A) the last game of the season...we will be doomed if it gets to that point!. If we are not within six points of safety by the end of March I really believe that I will see us relegated in my lifetime...and I have supported the Blue Boys since 1965. Heartbreaking!

But it won't happen. I have to have faith.

Norwich away this month. 3 points
Now if we were to get beat there that would change everyone's opinion on this thread. This everton team is weak. Has a lack of character, confidence and is tactically set up wrong. A defeat here is not impossible for our shower of misfits. They cannot hang on to the ball for longer than 5 seconds.

Norwich, Burnley and the two Newcastle games are going to be brutal for our nerves. Come out of them with a measly couple of points then we are done for in my view.

No never.

Personally I have no interest this weekend in the cup, first time in ages i really don’t care about it.

I want some points on the board.
I'm hoping this is a repeat of the 95 season. Lots of similarities, with Mike walker stinking the place out, getting the boot and then being saved by an Everton legend and led to fa cup glory.

We can only hope

Status
Not open for further replies.