Relegation 23/24 Thread

As stupid as it sounds as it's a game in hand, I really wish we didn't still have the filth to play. They could kill any possibility of momentum that we have a chance of building up, and put us on a proper downer... ( Tho in a dream world, a result against them could work wonders for us and against them )

God it's like a 3rd charge moving that game..

As stupid as it sounds as it's a game in hand, I really wish we didn't still have the filth to play. They could kill any possibility of momentum that we have a chance of building up, and put us on a proper downer... ( Tho in a dream world, a result against them could work wonders for us and against them )

No downer if we approach it as a normal game against a top club. If it was City at home in between Forest and Brentford we'd be expecting professional performances and wins either side of a game we'll probably lose, or maybe draw if we're lucky/at our very best. This should be no different

There's no room for one sided sentimentality around that game

No downer if we approach it as a normal game against a top club. If it was City at home in between Forest and Brentford we'd be expecting professional performances and wins either side of a game we'll probably lose, or maybe draw if we're lucky/at our very best. This should be no different

There's no room for one sided sentimentality around that game
It's a bit of a different game then city m8, and a loss would have a much bigger effect. ( just the same as the other way round and we pulled out a result )

It's a bit of a different game then city m8, and a loss would have a much bigger effect. ( just the same as the other way round and we pulled out a result )
This is what I mean, it has that effect because the fans make it that way. We've beaten them once in 14 years. Staying up matters way more, as winning the title will to them. The difference is our fans take it to heart when we lose to them whereas they treat it as another game. Any pressure on the players is entirely because of the fans

No, it's a valid point. A week between those vital home games would have been very important. Playing a third game in a week is not ideal.

Luton’s next 2 games are City away and Brentford at home whereas Brentford have Sheffield Utd before their Luton game.

Brentford could be going into that second game looking for a victory that would almost guarantee they stay up…the week before they are due to play us!

Kind of expecting us to get beat at Luton, but they will be beaten by City next week. Until we know what the second point deduction is, if any, its hard to work out what we’re likely to need. We just have to keep picking up points and staying out the relegation zone, as games are running out for those in it to escape.

If we dont get any further points deducted this season, then Luton still need 2 wins to go above us. Avoid getting beaten by them, and if we dont get further points, I’d reckon we would be safe though…

Not sure what to write in here, as yesterday i was slated for predicting that luton could easily win their home games (including Bournemouth), with another poster saying i shouldnt spend my time looking at the permutations of all the teams around us fixture's over the next 4-5 games.
10 pages later and thats all that everyones talked about