Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think we're in trouble if I'm honest. Another points deduction on the cards & Luton simply won't go away..
I agree but it depends on the deduction.

I think we could survive another 2 points.

Anything more and I would be extremely concerned.

….be interesting how this changes when we get more deducted;

IMG_8532.jpeg

Fair play guys and girls, this thread is great entertainment.

Luton winning right at the end is a bit of a punch in the gut, could feel the mood in the ground deflating as the news spread that they’d won.

But we can only control what happens in our games. 4 points in a week is exactly what we needed. Forest and Brentford are going to be feeling the pressure now, and Palace too if they don't get a few more points on the board in the next couple of weeks.

As things stand, for us to be relegated, all of the following must happen:
- Luton need to earn 5 more points than us (or 4 plus a 10 goal swing) with 1 game less to play than us
- Forest need to earn 5 more points than us (or 4 plus a 4 goal swing)
- Brentford need to earn 1 more point than us (or a 3 goal swing) with 1 games less to play than us

After playing 31 games last season, we were out of the relegation zone only on goal difference, and we dropped into the bottom 3 the following week, 4 points off bottom.

Still very much in our hands.

Kind of expecting us to get beat at Luton, but they will be beaten by City next week. Until we know what the second point deduction is, if any, its hard to work out what we’re likely to need. We just have to keep picking up points and staying out the relegation zone, as games are running out for those in it to escape.

If we dont get any further points deducted this season, then Luton still need 2 wins to go above us. Avoid getting beaten by them, and if we dont get further points, I’d reckon we would be safe though…
I'd be very confident if we weren't getting another deduction. But, I fear we will, because...Everton. Anyway, I'm still clear-eyed about this. If we lose for a third time to Luton this season then the players and manager will have to accept they weren't up to it. We can rightly rail against our treatment - it's been outrageous - but any team that can lose three times in the same season to a side which has long since become our direct rivals can have few complaints. Then again, it's actually possible it won't matter as much as we fear. If we can get a win over Forest beforehand - and something at Chelsea - we might be getting away from Luton by the time we meet them.

One game at a time. There's nothing to fear at Stamford Bridge except...Everton.

Fair play guys and girls, this thread is great entertainment.

Luton winning right at the end is a bit of a punch in the gut, could feel the mood in the ground deflating as the news spread that they’d won.

But we can only control what happens in our games. 4 points in a week is exactly what we needed. Forest and Brentford are going to be feeling the pressure now, and Palace too if they don't get a few more points on the board in the next couple of weeks.

As things stand, for us to be relegated, all of the following must happen:
- Luton need to earn 5 more points than us (or 4 plus a 10 goal swing) with 1 game less to play than us
- Forest need to earn 5 more points than us (or 4 plus a 4 goal swing)
- Brentford need to earn 1 more point than us (or a 3 goal swing) with 1 games less to play than us

After playing 31 games last season, we were out of the relegation zone only on goal difference, and we dropped into the bottom 3 the following week, 4 points off bottom.

Still very much in our hands.
Now do this for every possible point deduction as well as Forest getting some back.

I am surprised that i dont think ive seen, the way some carry on that i havent seen a scenario were we get to the last day with say Arsenal needing to win to win the league, or us needing to win to stay up, but a win for us would win the other lot the league lol

Kind of expecting us to get beat at Luton, but they will be beaten by City next week. Until we know what the second point deduction is, if any, its hard to work out what we’re likely to need. We just have to keep picking up points and staying out the relegation zone, as games are running out for those in it to escape.

If we dont get any further points deducted this season, then Luton still need 2 wins to go above us. Avoid getting beaten by them, and if we dont get further points, I’d reckon we would be safe though…
That would be quite the feat that no one was expecting if we get beat by Luton three times in one season!

Our record at Arsenal is evil. If they had nothing to play for and played the B Team they would still beat our bottlers. We have to be safe before the last game of the season.
And there are no excuses at all for not being safe by then.

Forest, Brentford and Sheffield United at home, and Luton away whose home form is actually worse than ours.

At the start of the season you'd say anything less than 10 points there would be disappointing, yet a meagre 8 points would probably be enough PROVIDING it's 2-3 points deducted maximum tomorrow and we do not lose against Forest or Luton.

If it is -2 points we'll go into the Chelsea game 2 points ahead of Luton with 2 games in hand. Unforgivable and deserving of relegation if we can't stay up from that position with our fixture list and a fully fit squad, which it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.