Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play guys and girls, this thread is great entertainment.

Luton winning right at the end is a bit of a punch in the gut, could feel the mood in the ground deflating as the news spread that they’d won.

But we can only control what happens in our games. 4 points in a week is exactly what we needed. Forest and Brentford are going to be feeling the pressure now, and Palace too if they don't get a few more points on the board in the next couple of weeks.

As things stand, for us to be relegated, all of the following must happen:
- Luton need to earn 5 more points than us (or 4 plus a 10 goal swing) with 1 game less to play than us
- Forest need to earn 5 more points than us (or 4 plus a 4 goal swing)
- Brentford need to earn 1 more point than us (or a 3 goal swing) with 1 games less to play than us

After playing 31 games last season, we were out of the relegation zone only on goal difference, and we dropped into the bottom 3 the following week, 4 points off bottom.

Still very much in our hands.
Admire your optimism mate, but the table will look so much different with our incoming points reduction. It will really ramp up the pressure on the team and the fanbase.

This is what I mean, it has that effect because the fans make it that way. We've beaten them once in 14 years. Staying up matters way more, as winning the title will to them. The difference is our fans take it to heart when we lose to them whereas they treat it as another game. Any pressure on the players is entirely because of the fans
I think we’d find it quite easy to treat the derby as just another game if we won loads of trophies and had only lost to them once in living memory but it’s not quite so easy in the real world.

Is not even about liverpool in the derby for me is like every game is this run to the end of the season. We need the points, just want see the same fight intensity from the players to get us safe. Could not give one at all what the rs get up to this season or other games focus is on is staying up finishing this joke of a season

Admire your optimism mate, but the table will look so much different with our incoming points reduction. It will really ramp up the pressure on the team and the fanbase.

Nothing to do with optimism… I've just stated how things stand at the moment. It could all change very quickly with or without a further points deduction.

So much rests on a 2nd points deduction and common sense would be 0pts (double jeopardy same season) or 2pts.

But of course...its rigged so expect the worst.

So much rests on a 2nd points deduction and common sense would be 0pts (double jeopardy same season) or 2pts.

But of course...its rigged so expect the worst.
I think if the deduction doesn't put us in the relegation zone, that'll be huge for confidence. But it can be as many as they want so who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.