Relegation 23/24 Thread

I keep thinking "this week they'll get going", but it never happens for them.

The even better news is that Kompany looks impregnable there for now so they'll be almost down before they sack him.
The other good news is they don’t have the squad of players to adapt to a more pragmatic ‘survival’ style

I think three of this six are most likely to be in the relegation mix

Sheffield United, Luton, Burnley, Wolves, Bournemouth and Everton

You can make the argument that we’re either the best or second best team in that sextuplet

So if we continue to put in the performances we currently are and we don’t get the big points deduction, I’m relatively optimistic

Still a lot of football to play though and we’re not a shoe in to survive by any means
I'd have said those six pre-season but tbh barring Premier League intervention the gulf that's already opening up between the bottom four and the rest is going to very hard for them to overcome, given the PPG pace those four are setting. Last season was a mental relegation scrap but this season I see it as 3 from the current bottom 4.

I'm the same with Burnley. They did have a brutal opening few games but they've not really got anywhere with the "easier" games.

Definitely helps us either way. Objectively speaking, 11 points in 11 games should not have us 6 points clear of the bottom 3.

The sextet that 'contains' the trio of teams that'll be relegated is comprised of: Sheffield Utd, Luton, Burnley, Bournemouth, Wolves... and Everton. That's a pretty parlous group of 6 and an argument might be made for reducing PL teams to 18.

The sextet that 'contains' the trio of teams that'll be relegated is comprised of: Sheffield Utd, Luton, Burnley, Bournemouth, Wolves... and Everton. That's a pretty parlous group of 6 and an argument might be made for reducing PL teams to 18.
The majority of clubs will never vote for that.

Easier to let new blood get slaughtered each season and go straight back down than put yourself at risk.

If the Sky Six left for a super league however, then maybe it would need to happen so as not to further dilute a weakened league with too much Championship dross.

It took a scabby 100th minute penalty for Sheff Utd to get their first win. They're hopeless and are going down. Burnley and Luton might get their act together yet still. Might but are unlikely to.

B'mouth and Forest are the interesting ones though.

B'mouth look clueless and everyone's noticed it; but Forest have gone under the radar. They have one win all season and the rest are draws against tat.

We really have to see ourselves as better than those teams at a minimum.

Most clubs that come up from the Championship trying to play football will struggle.

Brentford showed the way: a lot of endeavour and a couple of players who can slot.

I thought Fulham last season were one of the best promoted teams in a long while. Had Mitrovic finally ready to score and made 3-4 brilliant signings. Basically were safe by xmas and played really good football home and away.

Now however they look very much a bottom 6 team without Mitrovic. Iwobi doing the same stuff he was doing here, looking dangerous 30 yards from goal with no end product whatsoever once get gets on the brink of the penalty area, still can't shoot properly.

If they don't sign some decent forwards in January they'll be pretty close to the bottom 3 come May.

I'm the same with Burnley. They did have a brutal opening few games but they've not really got anywhere with the "easier" games.

Definitely helps us either way. Objectively speaking, 11 points in 11 games should not have us 6 points clear of the bottom 3.
If they lose next week and go to 4 points from 12 games then even a 30 point total starts to look a mile away