Relegation 23/24 Thread

It took a scabby 100th minute penalty for Sheff Utd to get their first win. They're hopeless and are going down. Burnley and Luton might get their act together yet still. Might but are unlikely to.

B'mouth and Forest are the interesting ones though.

B'mouth look clueless and everyone's noticed it; but Forest have gone under the radar. They have one win all season and the rest are draws against tat.

We really have to see ourselves as better than those teams at a minimum.
I excluded Forest from our mini survival league battle this season as what they do have over us is squad depth. They can carry injuries better than we can. Also if they are struggling in January they have an ownership that will spend

I excluded Forest from our mini survival league battle this season as what they do have over us is squad depth. They can carry injuries better than we can. Also if they are struggling in January they have an ownership that will spend
Squad depth is only valid if the players outside of the starting XI are any good.

Forests squad is large but absolutely crap.

It took a scabby 100th minute penalty for Sheff Utd to get their first win. They're hopeless and are going down. Burnley and Luton might get their act together yet still. Might but are unlikely to.

B'mouth and Forest are the interesting ones though.

B'mouth look clueless and everyone's noticed it; but Forest have gone under the radar. They have one win all season and the rest are draws against tat.

We really have to see ourselves as better than those teams at a minimum.
NSNO

I was confident we would stay up this season, more than the last 2, and my confidence has grew even more the way we are going (and we should have had more points). We also have to remember we only had 15points from the 1st 21 games last year. surely we are getting more than 4points the next 10 games to better that - plus as we wont forget we lost the 1st 3 this season and only had 1 point from the 1st 5 - I always expected Luton and Sheff Utd to go down with one other - who that other was i did'nt know, but thought at the start of the season we would be in that fight to stay up, but we seem to be slowly getting away even at this early stage

Look at their results. They've played a lot of poor teams like we have too. They're floundering and I fully expect them to be shackled to the bottom 5 all season.

I am reasonably confident we stay up this season baring the elephant in the room a points deduction.
If there is a points deduction I think it would be better if it's this season rather than next as next year the opposition will be stronger either way a deduction of 6-12 points will most likely relegate us anyway.

Look at their results. They've played a lot of poor teams like we have too. They're floundering and I fully expect them to be shackled to the bottom 5 all season.
True but what I would say is they are more capable of nicking the odd result from decent teams than the others. They proved that last season

I am reasonably confident we stay up this season baring the elephant in the room a points deduction.
If there is a points deduction I think it would be better if it's this season rather than next as next year the opposition will be stronger either way a deduction of 6-12 points will most likely relegate us anyway.
If we were deducted 6 points at the moment, we’d still be outside the bottom 3 so we’d still have a pretty good chance to stay up. 12 would be really tough to come back from with the fixtures we have but may still be possible if 3 of the bottom 4 teams don’t improve.

Maybe the bottom 3 or 4 will all finish with 30 points or less, but if that happens it'll be very unusual, we can't count on it. Our focus has to be on our own performance. At the moment we're on course for 38 points. Our aim has to be to improve that, by averaging over a point a game, as we've been doing this last month. I'm confident that we'll be fine, but it's vital that we keep battling for every point, and take nothing for granted.

They've lost 4 games this season.

Away to Arsenal
Away to City
Away to Man Utd
Away to Liverpool.

Id be more than happy to have got those fixtures out the way and sitting 5 points out of the relegation zone.

Squad depth is only valid if the players outside of the starting XI are any good.

Forests squad is large but absolutely crap.

Wood has scored a few for them already this season and he's their backup CF.

Elanga hasn't started that many games this season, bit like Harrison.

I think they'll have enough in attack to stay up comfortably. They aren't shipping 3s and 4s as regularly as last season either.

Actually haven't seen too much of them this season compared to watching pretty much all their run in games so interested how they get on v Villa. Can see that being a draw as they've only lost two prem games at the City ground in 14 months.

They've lost 4 games this season.

Away to Arsenal
Away to City
Away to Man Utd
Away to Liverpool.

Id be more than happy to have got those fixtures out the way and sitting 5 points out of the relegation zone.
Maybe, but they've also lost points to Burnley and Luton and have too many draws.

I think Villa will pump these today too.

Anyone below us after our poor start are in trouble.