Relegation 23/24 Thread

With limited money a 12 yr kid cud see should most of money should be spend on a forward or 2 and patch up rest of team with loans or low transfer fees, coady was available for 4m no brainer, mina signed a new contract in Italy for 40k per month, surely cud have offered those wages to him, sub keeper another who left wasn't offered a decent contract so left. Bought a 19 Yr old kid who not ready to play this season, criminal to spend 12m when not ready to play with funds tight, no centre forward if calvert lewin not fit which is often, you have to think board are doing it on purpose no board cud be this negligent, haven't bought a good centre forward since lakuka left in 2017 that's 6 yrs total joke

You can't keep changing managers. That has been part of the problem as every time a new manager has come in they have played a different style and needed different type of players. You never get a settled side keep swapping around with players. That's the problem now, managers don't have the time to get the players and style they want. As soon as they lose a few they are gone and it all starts again.
A bit of a myth really. All managers need players of good quality. Thats our problem. The combined quality of the players in the squad are too low. That will be the case for any manager regardless of their philosophy.

Our player recruitment has been shocking after we implemented the sporting director role. When was the last time we bought a player who delivered more than their price tag would indicate? Probably Gareth Barry or Lukaku.
We have been extremely lucky to avoid the drop the last two seasons. We have failed to reach 40 points two seasons on the bounce. A competent management would recognize the danger and do everything possible to strengthen the core of the team. What have they done? They've released Mina and Cody and instead weakened it. And we're about to spend a huge amount on a CF with no ability whatsoever and add to our deadwood.
I'd be genuinely surprised if we reach 30 points this year tbo.

What concerned me was Dyches comments that he would have taken all 11 off if he could.

Points to total relationship breakdown now between players and manager

THe same players played Fulham off the park the week before. It's just what managers say after games like that. We've competed in near enough every game under Dyche up till Sunday, so it's not like it's not like that's happened a lot.

Dyche had a pretty familiar record at Burnley when it came to poor starts, to the point where the were a handful of seasons were people had Burnley dead and buried by November. He then tends to pull off reasonably strong second halves of seasons to get safe. It's more than feasible that he's wanting to apply the same methodology here..

It was his last 3 seasons there they started increasingly poorly and had only 1 or 2 wins by December. The 4 or 5 before that they were going well by November, near the top end of the table in some of them.

The last season he couldn't turn it around, the 2 before he did, but in his penultimate season Fulham finished 18th with 28 points which made survival easy (Burnley were 17th). His last season they were heading down when he was sacked (made a fist of it with a new manager bounce). The slow starts caught up with them and he can't afford one now. We need to win at least 1 of the next 2.

Last edited:

With limited money a 12 yr kid cud see should most of money should be spend on a forward or 2 and patch up rest of team with loans or low transfer fees, coady was available for 4m no brainer, mina signed a new contract in Italy for 40k per month, surely cud have offered those wages to him, sub keeper another who left wasn't offered a decent contract so left. Bought a 19 Yr old kid who not ready to play this season, criminal to spend 12m when not ready to play with funds tight, no centre forward if calvert lewin not fit which is often, you have to think board are doing it on purpose no board cud be this negligent, haven't bought a good centre forward since lakuka left in 2017 that's 6 yrs total joke
Mina’s salary at Fiorentina is 1.5 million euros per year, approximately 115,000 a month or approximately 28,000 a week if divided by 52 weeks.

Don’t think I’ve felt this low and disinterested about Everton since the season we sold Rooney.

Everything is negative. Finances, the board, the dreadful squad, the two opening week defeats and the long term injuries to DCL and McNeil, who was our best outfield player from February onwards last year.

Must be one of the worst run clubs in the whole 4 English divisions.

Not even going to watch this weekend, I’m so cured of Everton.

You lot will be fine, sounds like you battered Fulham and lost to a good Villa side through individual errors (can be ironed out?), i'd be encouraged by that first game performance
You need goals to get the points mate. It's just not happening at the moment and I'm wondering why Keane keeps on getting picked. Change in manager required pronto. Graham Potter would be a great acquisition.

You need goals to get the points mate. It's just not happening at the moment and I'm wondering why Keane keeps on getting picked. Change in manager required pronto. Graham Potter would be a great acquisition.
Potter wouldn't come to this trainwreck. We're stuck with Dyche I'm afraid.

Don’t think I’ve felt this low and disinterested about Everton since the season we sold Rooney.

Everything is negative. Finances, the board, the dreadful squad, the two opening week defeats and the long term injuries to DCL and McNeil, who was our best outfield player from February onwards last year.

Must be one of the worst run clubs in the whole 4 English divisions.

Not even going to watch this weekend, I’m so cured of Everton.
i’m the same i’m gettin less and less arsed even before this latest fiasco

Potter wouldn't come to this trainwreck. We're stuck with Dyche I'm afraid.
Not so sure mate. He's not got a job and Everton are a big club. The financial constraints may concern him but he's renowned for getting a tune out of his players. Also can pick up the odd bargain in the transfer market.