Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Mcneil and Harrison to not include the last two matches. I think it is still too early to talk on relegation.
I am not surprised that we lose to Villa but the performance is too awful. We need to find the form next matches. I am sure we can do that.
I admire your optimism. We have a main striker who can't stay on the pitch. A back up striker who is on a 29 game streak of not scoring (29 ffs), and a defence that at any given moment will gift a goal scoring opportunity to the opposition. We need a miracle.

We have Mcneil and Harrison to not include the last two matches. I think it is still too early to talk on relegation.
I am not surprised that we lose to Villa but the performance is too awful. We need to find the form next matches. I am sure we can do that.

It‘s hard to conjure a scenario where we don’t go down.

Unless the lack of striker and defensive issues (Keane and Patterson) are fixed we will soon be cut adrift at the bottom.

I just pray we've been Intensively scouting Dyche's replacement for the past 7 months, to the point we even know what Toothpaste they use and if they snore or not. He can have this season but he doesn' get to walk through the gates of BMD...
They will only start thinking about replacements for Dyche when Dyche actually leaves.

A relegation battle seems nailed on again this season. im remaining slightly optimistic until the Window shuts.

I really dont get all the shouts about 'if Dyche would have been employed earlier last season we would have been ok' he is approaching Lampard levels. he cant be held accountable for individual errors but his tactics and team selections at times are baffling.

Anyone who looks at it realistically knows we are going to be there abouts again. But the "we are down " already shouts are ridiculous. The last 2 seasons have shown that you aren't down until you actually are no matter how bad things look at certain times.
All true. Unarguably so. However, we should not be in this position again. Nothing has been learned and nothing has changed. While we all desperately want to stay up, only masochists will emotionally involve themselves in the same way this season. Staying up, as nothing changes, might as well be greeted with a shrug.

I’ll always be “involved” - it’s an addiction - but I’m slowly accepting that as nothing has changed, it’s a mug’s game putting too much store in this club under its current ownership. Every chance we drop this season. Still a good chance there are three worse than us. Utter insanity that we’re going through this yet again.

I’d say Dyche has to take risks to turn this around. Maybe get some the younger players in as starters, especially Branthwaite
I think Dyche needs to go; get Potter in, but it has to be done now...

Can't wait for another three or four losses, then all the "easier fixtures" are done and the more difficult run of games starts.

Do it now, get him in...

It won't happen though...they will sack him in twelve games time when we have three points from our first 14 games.

Dyche had a pretty familiar record at Burnley when it came to poor starts, to the point where the were a handful of seasons were people had Burnley dead and buried by November. He then tends to pull off reasonably strong second halves of seasons to get safe. It's more than feasible that he's wanting to apply the same methodology here..

All true. Unarguably so. However, we should not be in this position again. Nothing has been learned and nothing has changed. While we all desperately want to stay up, only masochists will emotionally involve themselves in the same way this season. Staying up, as nothing changes, might as well be greeted with a shrug.

I’ll always be “involved” - it’s an addiction - but I’m slowly accepting that as nothing has changed, it’s a mug’s game putting too much store in this club under its current ownership. Every chance we drop this season. Still a good chance there are three worse than us. Utter insanity that we’re going through this yet again.
Me too. They really aren't worth the worry or stress. If we drop, and I think we will, I hope it's early. I don't want to drag this out to the last day again only to go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.