Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the only snag with the forest result today is the chance that Dyche will change his game plana nd go for draw Monday

….he has one way of playing with this group, & that’s to keep it as tight as possible & try & Nick a goal somewhere in the match. I doubt there’ll be any deviation from the formula. If we play with a high line (as we did at United) it will be suicide.

No. But if other teams get less so does our target . Do you not agree
Yes I agree but getting help will only matter if we put our own run of results together.

We've been given an opportunity on Monday but thats all it is. We need to win our own game or we won't be in any better a position.

We need to get to mid 30 points and then hopefully other results have helped us. At the minute we are not looking capable of getting enough points to have a fighting chance.

I've told this story before, apologies if I'm boring you with it again - my brother and I are Boston Red Sox fans, he used to have a closet full of caps from all of the other teams, so if we were playing the Brewers or Blue Jays or whoever he would wear the other team's cap, to convince the gods that we were rooting for the other team, thereby ensuring Boston victory.

should've been wearing a bloody sock on his head, apparently.

Another scenario (bear with me):

if Leeds lose tomorrow and (looking toward to next weekend) Forest lose or draw with S'ton (the most winnable game of all three team's remaining fixtures), the way things are set up regarding the fixtures for all 3 teams, I think we could afford to lose Monday and still take it to the last day.

I know that's leaping forward and back in time, but you know what I mean.

Overall, here's my thinking: if it does go to the last day I'm taking my chances with us even if needing a home win against B'mouth while both Leeds and Forest just need a draw against Spurs (H) and Palace (A) respectively. I dont see both of them getting points on that final day's fixtures.

If I was a fan of either of those two clubs I'd see that in the distance as a big danger looming.

i know people want to have hope and things, but how can you think we all of a sudden will start playing to get the results

to pounce on other results

i would be over
the moon

but we won’t so

Status
Not open for further replies.