Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very thoughtful depiction of what I reckon a great many of our fanbase will be thinking, myself included.
I'll admit to walking out of the Street End on Thursday at 0-2 and as I did I had a long wry look at the stadium thinking that was the last night game in the top flight at GP. I'm devastated beyond words at our predicament but whatever and wherever we are, until the day I curl my toes up I'll be a Bluenose.
I'm sorry to admit my feelings are we'll only stay up by virtue of a combination of three other teams imploding while we get a couple of freakish results. I'll take that scenario but I fear that unless Kenwright and Co are gone we'll be sitting here in 12 months in the same position.
I was too young and too remote to get to many games when we were good (my first Everton game was the 1984 0-0 QPR away when it all kicked off and PVDH got sent off). I think the next one was the 86 Cup Final - I’m used to disappointment! But I’ve also been there for some of the better games and/or results (the AJ derby, Larissa and the Osman goal, the 2009 semi, the Chelsea away FA Cup penalty shootout win, etc). We’re just not very good, and whenever I’ve done the whole travelling from the South thing, my primary focus has been to enjoy just being there. It’s always better to get a result, but even after that 6-1 first day spanking we got off Arsenal (whenever that was, and after all the car issues my mate and I had en route), I still had a great time with all of the Blues out and about in the pubs afterwards. I’d prefer us to be challenging for and/or winning the big prizes, but we haven’t done that for 28 years. But have I still loved/do I still love being an Evertonian regardless? Yes, no question, and that will never change. As long as there is still an Everton, I’m not that arsed about the rest. We don’t win PL games, and we don’t win trophies - we haven’t for years - so we might actually be better off (football-wise) playing at a lower level. The rest doesn’t change as long as there’s still a club. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.