Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty the following midweek though....Leeds-Forest is huge and that's on Tuesday 4th April. Leicester-Villa is also there.

Leeds have got a decent chance to properly pull away themselves as they also have Palace at home the following weekend so they'll be aiming for at least 30 points if not 32 and you're pretty close to safety then which would be some achievement considering they were second bottom after losing at Goodison.

West Ham-Southampton is also happening very soon.
Yes, all the 6 pointers are double edged swords though.

You can make a case (in this instance you use Leeds) to say if they beat other rivals at the bottom they get out of it handily enough. But let's say Palace and Leicester and Bournemouth - who all play a lot of 6 pointers - mop up the points in those games: that means those other teams they beat are cratered on a low amount of points. Everton have four 6 pointers left and S'ton 3. That'd help those two teams in their fight for survival.

The chances are a lot of those fixtures will be drawn - which is two points lost in this current situation, for all of us.

When we inevitably lose a match, then how we respond will determine whether we survive. There can be no dreadful run like we've seen in the past, we need to see the squad react well.

One game at a time. Dont get too high and ahead of ourselves if we win a game. Don't panic if we lose a game. Dont turn our noses up if we draw a game because every single point matters
Yup, any team in the bottom nine now that loses three games in a row from here can more or less forget about survival. Or, at the very least, can fear the worst. We have two hard matches coming up, but that point at Chelsea still keeps us in the game even if we lose them both. Lose to Fulham on top of that, though, and it's curtains.

The worst 3 teams regardless of results all season have been Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton and eventually they'll all go down.

Look at Forests fixtures all their points have been picked up at home and there's not many winnable ones left for them.
Think this is spot on. We as Evertonians are naturally pessimists and will see ourselves getting miles better and assume those around us are doing the same, it's not. Since Dyche come in of the 9 teams in the relegation battle, we've been the best, in fact we're like the 6th best team in the league since he's come in. Southampton and Bournemouth are absolutely tragic sides in terms of quality, it's a weird statement but they rarely pick up points based off their own good performances, it's mostly from the opposition falling asleep and not taking them seriously.

Both of those are absolutely down and I think Forest is the other easy call too., they just don't have the requirements at the moment. Palace or Leeds could also easily be dragged down too instead and quite frankly Leicester and West Ham despite their quality have to wake up sooner or later or else they'll be in real trouble. I don't see any other team in or around us winning 5 more games this season, meaning that it's probably not gonna be 40 points to survive, I do however see us winning at least 4 and with how we've played against the bigger sides there's every chance we nick another.

It's obviously very early yet but I think we're showing more than enough to stay considering literally everyone else in this fight, frankly isn't showing much fight at all.

Yup, any team in the bottom nine now that loses three games in a row from here can more or less forget about survival. Or, at the very least, can fear the worst. We have two hard matches coming up, but that point at Chelsea still keeps us in the game even if we lose them both. Lose to Fulham on top of that, though, and it's curtains.
I cant envisage that under Dyche. Lampard, yes.

Think this is spot on. We as Evertonians are naturally pessimists and will see ourselves getting miles better and assume those around us are doing the same, it's not. Since Dyche come in of the 9 teams in the relegation battle, we've been the best, in fact we're like the 6th best team in the league since he's come in. Southampton and Bournemouth are absolutely tragic sides in terms of quality, it's a weird statement but they rarely pick up points based off their own good performances, it's mostly from the opposition falling asleep and not taking them seriously.

Both of those are absolutely down and I think Forest is the other easy call too., they just don't have the requirements at the moment. Palace or Leeds could also easily be dragged down too instead and quite frankly Leicester and West Ham despite their quality have to wake up sooner or later or else they'll be in real trouble. I don't see any other team in or around us winning 5 more games this season, meaning that it's probably not gonna be 40 points to survive, I do however see us winning at least 4 and with how we've played against the bigger sides there's every chance we nick another.

It's obviously very early yet but I think we're showing more than enough to stay considering literally everyone else in this fight, frankly isn't showing much fight at all.
There's going to be massive expectation on them taking advantage of a depleted Fulham. Let's see them handle that expectation.

To be honesty, Id really prefer all of the matches between rivals end up as draws. Only 2 points out of a possible 3 means everyone ends lower. Of course the ideal option is 3 teams just dont get any more points for the rest of the season and fall apart, but I think that the least likely.
It sounds like a cliche but we really just have to concentrate on our own results. The amount of teams involved down there this year means there's effectively at least one of these 6 pointers in every round of fixtures, sometimes three or four. It's not worth stressing about the results of them at this point because there's just too many of them and too many different permutations from them. We need to make sure we keep on what we've been doing in our own games, if we do I think we'll be OK.

I cant envisage that under Dyche. Lampard, yes.

It could have easily happened to us given we had Chelsea, Spurs and Utd. I don't believe that three losses kills a side but what it does mean is you are likely to be playing catch up and you need winnable games at the end. We could conceivably have 32 points with 2 games left and still survive.

It could have easily happened to us given we had Chelsea, Spurs and Utd. I don't believe that three losses kills a side but what it does mean is you are likely to be playing catch up and you need winnable games at the end. We could conceivably have 32 points with 2 games left and still survive.
Yes.

Leicester had 4 losses in a row and ended that sequence with just a draw on Saturday.

They've gone from the fringes of this battle to right in it though.

On Everton: a win from either the Spurs or United games (or even two more draws to add to the Chelsea draw) and I dont see our players doing anything other than motoring through the last 8 games. I think under those circumstances we have to seriously be looking at beating City, especially if they're in the SF of the CL -the legs of which fall either side of that fixture - and well off Arsenal....two likely scenarios IMO.

The worst 3 teams regardless of results all season have been Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton and eventually they'll all go down.

Look at Forests fixtures all their points have been picked up at home and there's not many winnable ones left for them.

Hope you are right. It’s vital we maintain better goal difference than all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.