Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitrovich:

Dissent
Manhandling the ref
Continuing to behave in a threatening manner towards the ref after he was shown the card - his finger was right in the ref's face.

All of which means the FA will throw the book at him and give him a 5/6 game ban (4 at the absolute mimimum).

Talk this morning of making an example of him and hitting him with a ten match ban.

Which would obviously be appealed and watered down, if it where to happen.

First weekend back will be absolutely massive in the relegation fight- should really start to see the 9 whittled down from that point. Plenty of points going to be gained between the 9 with three huge games between them and Bournemouth having a game they probably should win against a depleted Fulham. Results of those four games could really start to clarify the picture.

Same goes for us really, we’re guaranteed to lose points to a number of other clubs by Monday night so the result of the Spurs game will tell us a lot about how the season will go- lose and we’re dragged right back into the thick of it, win and we can really hope to be on the right side of things when teams start to get cut adrift. Absolutely massive game.
Before our game we'll still be well in touch: Leeds will stay on 26 points with us after their game against Arsenal; Palace v Leicester and Forest v Wolves might see a share of the points - if not, possibly two of those 4 are kept below us; I expect West Ham to beat S'ton so they may go a point above us; maybe Bournemouth see off Fulham at home (maybe).

I think we might just be out of the relegation zone before playing Spurs.

Talk this morning of making an example of him and hitting him with a ten match ban.

Which would obviously be appealed and watered down, if it were to happen.
No argument it deserved the card and a subsequent ban but if you’re Fulham I’m sure you’d look at Fernandes not even getting charged retrospectively and feel you’re being treated more than a little unfairly.

If the three worst sides usually go down, I am not sure I would put us in that group right now.
However this is a match to match thing due to Dyche's inheritance so we will have to keep up the good performances.

We have genuine cause for optimism, and that is wonderful and testament to the job Dyche is doing.

Still one game at a time though. There will surely be some bad days but there is a solidity and resilience there.

We remain in a very precarious position but if we can keep our recent form up, there is every chance that will be enough.

Before our game we'll still be well in touch: Leeds will stay on 26 points with us after their game against Arsenal; Palace v Leicester and Forest v Wolves might see a share of the points - if not, possibly two of those 4 are kept below us; I expect West Ham to beat S'ton so they may go a point above us; maybe Bournemouth see off Fulham at home (maybe).

I think we might just be out of the relegation zone before playing Spurs.

There are plenty the following midweek though....Leeds-Forest is huge and that's on Tuesday 4th April. Leicester-Villa is also there.

Leeds have got a decent chance to properly pull away themselves as they also have Palace at home the following weekend so they'll be aiming for at least 30 points if not 32 and you're pretty close to safety then which would be some achievement considering they were second bottom after losing at Goodison.

West Ham-Southampton is also happening very soon.

We have genuine cause for optimism, and that is wonderful and testament to the job Dyche is doing.

Still one game at a time though. There will surely be some bad days but there is a solidity and resilience there.

We remain in a very precarious position but if we can keep our recent form up, there is every chance that will be enough.
I agree, there will be a couple of ups and downs before the season is out. We had a. decent performance against Villa but came away with nothing.

I said previously I would be satisfied even if we exit the game against United in 18th but within one game of being safe again as we have the fixtures after that to steer us to safety. Now I feel some optimism that we can exit that fixture outside the bottom three, which would be absolutely huge.

Hope we come out of the break with a little more depth to our bench (Garner, Patterson...DCL ?) and no injuries to the first choice.

It's good we have Godfrey and Keane playing again - with Coady and Mina around if we need them.

Ellis as a wildcard..

Bit more positive now - although it's still going to be a grind to get to the finishing line.

When we inevitably lose a match, then how we respond will determine whether we survive. There can be no dreadful run like we've seen in the past, we need to see the squad react well.

One game at a time. Dont get too high and ahead of ourselves if we win a game. Don't panic if we lose a game. Dont turn our noses up if we draw a game because every single point matters

When we inevitably lose a match, then how we respond will determine whether we survive. There can be no dreadful run like we've seen in the past, we need to see the squad react well.

One game at a time. Dont get too high and ahead of ourselves if we win a game. Don't panic if we lose a game. Dont turn our noses up if we draw a game because every single point matters

I mean, we've already seen this?

Spurs look miserable at the minute, quality players yes but absolutely no game plan. If we can get on the front foot & get at them then we have a chance.

Spurs look miserable at the minute, quality players yes but absolutely no game plan. If we can get on the front foot & get at them then we have a chance.
And hopefully they'll have large number of players playing two international games between now and then, would be great timing for Kane to roll an ankle 🫣

Status
Not open for further replies.