Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a pity Bournemouth are getting Fulham at home and they dont have to deal with Willian or Mitrovic.

If they dont win that one then we KNOW they're getting relegated.

I think most of us agree whilst no one looks like they are cut adrift we just have to concentrate on ourselves. Hopefully Fulham at home will still be competitive for the teams that have to go there and we just have to whatever try and beat Fulham, Newcastle and Bournemouth. Those three games should provide the bulk of what we need to get out of jail.

A tad concerned about the international break tbh. When was the last time that we ever came back from one and went on a good run?

I think it's come at a great time tbh. Gives Dyche another couple of weeks to get them fitter, re energised and focused for the final lap. Chance to get DCL in the squad, Garner fitter, Patterson hopefully gets minutes for Scotland and comes back into consideration.

And also just gives the squad a little break from the relentless pressure of being in the bottom 3 since Christmas and having that burden to carry round.

Come the game against Spurs, I'd be shocked if we aren't back in the bottom 3 as I can't see all results going for us as a few sides at the bottom start playing each other. So we'll need to be fully prepared to dig really deep and try and grab a win against Spurs.

Mitrovich:

Dissent
Manhandling the ref
Continuing to behave in a threatening manner towards the ref after he was shown the card - his finger was right in the ref's face.

All of which means the FA will throw the book at him and give him a 5/6 game ban (4 at the absolute mimimum).
Yep his failure to leave the pitch will be accounted for as well….Boa Morte had to come on and drag him off

I think most of us agree whilst no one looks like they are cut adrift we just have to concentrate on ourselves. Hopefully Fulham at home will still be competitive for the teams that have to go there and we just have to whatever try and beat Fulham, Newcastle and Bournemouth. Those three games should provide the bulk of what we need to get out of jail.

I honestly look at ALL the games we have and think we can realistically get points out of them.

We can take half the last 30 points on offer or more. Right now I'd be disappointed if we didn't take at least 15.

Mitrovich:

Dissent
Manhandling the ref
Continuing to behave in a threatening manner towards the ref after he was shown the card - his finger was right in the ref's face.

All of which means the FA will throw the book at him and give him a 5/6 game ban (4 at the absolute mimimum).
IMO the fact that Fulham are facing 2 player match bans and a managerial match ban means that the book wont be fully thrown fully at Mitrovic. Also I'd say that he pulled the refs arm back and got the red for that instantly. He got in the refs face but this wasn't a Di Canio moment.

Willian 1 match ban.
Silva 3 match touchline ban.
Mitrovic 5 match ban.

Yeah, with all the talk about abuse refs are facing at all levels of the game, they'll need to be shown to be strong on this.

What starts as a shove and getting in the face of a ref being "not that bad" in match between two Premier League sides ends with a ref getting the living crap kicked out of him in Sunday league. That'll be the worry.

Yeah fair point well made mate. ;)

Yeah, with all the talk about abuse refs are facing at all levels of the game, they'll need to be shown to be strong on this.

What starts as a shove and getting in the face of a ref being "not that bad" in match between two Premier League sides ends with a ref getting the living crap kicked out of him in Sunday league. That'll be the worry.
Mitrovic didn't shove him though.

In terms of fixture congestion, we probably have one of the better runs ins. Certainly through April. Most of the others have games on 1st, 4th, 8th etc whereas we we have much more time to recover between games. Hopefully we use it.

When Frank was sacked less than 2 months ago we were firmly ensconced in the bottom 3 and it was only goal difference that was keeping us above the bottom placed team.

Who'd have thought that by 20th March, after having played the RS away and Arsenal twice and Chelsea away, that we would be in 15th place and just one point off 12th?

It's a testament to the 'never say die' attitude of our fans and the brilliance of our new manager, as well as the effort and exertion of our players. Let's not forget that we don't currently have a proven Premier League striker in our entire squad; to go to Stamford Bridge and score two goals with no striker really is no mean feat.

Spurs are there for the taking on 3rd April.

Goodison under the lights can be a very special place. We as fans really must help make it a fortress as we did towards the end of last season.

Either way, I didn't think for a million years that we'd get out of the bottom 3 when Dyche took over at the start of last month. Now we're just a point off 12th!

When Frank was sacked less than 2 months ago we were firmly ensconced in the bottom 3 and it was only goal difference that was keeping us above the bottom placed team.

Who'd have thought that by 20th March, after having played the RS away and Arsenal twice and Chelsea away, that we would be in 15th place and just one point off 12th?

It's a testament to the 'never say die' attitude of our fans and the brilliance of our new manager, as well as the effort and exertion of our players. Let's not forget that we don't currently have a proven Premier League striker in our entire squad; to go to Stamford Bridge and score two goals with no striker really is no mean feat.
Ellis Simms wonders what more he can do to be called a striker

First weekend back will be absolutely massive in the relegation fight- should really start to see the 9 whittled down from that point. Plenty of points going to be gained between the 9 with three huge games between them and Bournemouth having a game they probably should win against a depleted Fulham. Results of those four games could really start to clarify the picture.

Same goes for us really, we’re guaranteed to lose points to a number of other clubs by Monday night so the result of the Spurs game will tell us a lot about how the season will go- lose and we’re dragged right back into the thick of it, win and we can really hope to be on the right side of things when teams start to get cut adrift. Absolutely massive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.