Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We finished 10th with one of the greatest managers in history at the helm in a freak season where we had an early purple patch.

We were poor then.
We're worse now.
It was more than an 'early purple patch'. At the start of March we were only a point off a CL place and had a game in hand.

'We were poor then' - yep, poor enough to win 11 away games.

I've realised, I think the world cup was the best since 1990, it easily was, but one of the reasons why was becuase there was no Everton to ruin it.

A target man makes a big difference to a team like us, we have so little creativity in midfield that our best hope is to go long to a big physical player who can either lay it off or hold it up. It's not pretty, it's not the football I want to see Everton play, but, it is probably our only chance of staying up. The last time we looked like winning a game was Palace at home last month, it's no coincidence that it was one of the few games when Dominic Calvert-Lewin was a fit and firing focal point.
Agree with this - having someone who can make the ball stick will make it easier for us to get up the pitch - watching us trying to play out from the back is painful at times.

I dont think Moyes would step back in here. If he cant get WHU with their players off the bottom he'd be snookered here.
He's got 13% of the vote for replacing FL, I dont get it as you say he cant get a tune out of the squad he has , is doing as bad as FL is at present but "he gets us"

I think some people see 22 games to go and that we're just out of the relegation spots and believe something better will happen for us.

I dont.

I thought that way weeks before this window was to be opened, but it seems clear to me now that we wont see enough transfer activity to hand us a life-line.

The decision seems to have been made at the top that we'll see if we can turn the corner and get some goals from what we have, plus maybe a loan deal for a striker...which is why Rondon has probably been shown the door.

It's a wing and a prayer and it's not, IMO, going to be nearly good enough to see us through.

He's got 13% of the vote for replacing FL, I dont get it as you say he cant get a tune out of the squad he has , is doing as bad as FL is at present but "he gets us"
It's just nostalgia. Moyes is not an upgrade on Lampard.

Any money we have needs to be spent on a player coming in rather than paying off and signing on managers.

It's just nostalgia. Moyes is not an upgrade on Lampard.

Any money we have needs to be spent on a player coming in rather than paying off and signing on managers.
Agreed it would be interesting to see how many people said they were glad when he finally left with the Knife to a gun fight attitude, he probably lost 90% of the games he really needed to win like one off cup games etc, why do people think he's going to start winning the possible 10-12 must win games or more to the end of the season, he's never done it since he's left.

Status
Not open for further replies.