Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest alarm was how he had to be forced out of playing five at the back, with the same old excuse that he simply HAD to because the players at his disposal were so incompetent that he couldn't possibly play anything else. With the result being that we almost lost to Forest at home in what was an absolutely awful start to the season. He was then forced into a change and there was some brief improvement before introduced his flat back 10.
You do realise we didn't have a forward for the first five games? I am critical of Frank's tactics too but don't the board deserve some criticism too for the mismatched squad we have and the financial restrictions we work under? It's not the first time we have been in trouble in recent years in fact it's the fourth or fifth time, one common factor mismanagement from above including recruitment.

You do realise we didn't have a forward for the first five games? I am critical of Frank's tactics too but don't the board deserve some criticism too for the mismatched squad we have and the financial restrictions we work under? It's not the first time we have been in trouble in recent years in fact it's the fourth or fifth time, one common factor mismanagement from above including recruitment.
Buck stops at the manager. He’ll be binned off, and blamed in some way, particularly when we are relegated

I'm at ease with relegation.

The Forum's Big Lebowski has shown my the way to deal with it spiritually.

It will cleanse our soul.
Weirdly, I made peace with it myself last season. I genuinely thought that we were gone after that Brentford game. Obviously it will be horrible, but ultimately it is what it is.

The club has been in a right tizz for years now and, inevitably, relegation tends to happen if it goes on for long enough. Leeds, Newcastle & Villa are the recent evidence of this - we aren't 'too big' to go down.

Obviously I'm hoping for a significant turnaround in our fortunes when the season restarts, but you can't really be surprised if that doesn't happen.

Weirdly, I made peace with it myself last season. I genuinely thought that we were gone after that Brentford game. Obviously it will be horrible, but ultimately it is what it is.

The club has been in a right tizz for years now and, inevitably, relegation tends to happen if it goes on for long enough. Leeds, Newcastle & Villa are the recent evidence of this - we aren't 'too big' to go down.

Obviously I'm hoping for a significant turnaround in our fortunes when the season restarts, but you can't really be surprised if that doesn't happen.
I cant really accept it though, which is where all the misery comes from

Spot on. Ancelotti briefly stemmed the tide but on and off the field we have been stumbling into this relegation for years.

The worst part of relegation is knowing such a large group of fans will actually revel in it, just to be proved right.
Then they will moan we are going for the Warnocks, Dean Smith and Allardyce’s of this world.

The worst part of relegation is knowing such a large group of fans will actually revel in it, just to be proved right.
Then they will moan we are going for the Warnocks, Dean Smith and Allardyce’s of this world.

Nah it will be Rooney as player manager if we get relegated, Kenwright will assume full control of the club, bring back Ross Barkley as club captain, Martinez as Director Of Football, Chang back as main sponsor and umbro kits again, COYB's!

Spot on. Ancelotti briefly stemmed the tide but on and off the field we have been stumbling into this relegation for years.
Ancelotti didn't stem the tide, he made it worse with two terrible league finishes and allowed players to lose interest in playing for Everton, then walked.
I don't blame him for walking, but have some dignity, stay focused, he did the dirty on us.

Is anyone else concerned our lads went warm weather training at the beginning of the break, then have had a break rather than having a break and now off training?

All other clubs are away now. We're on holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.