Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom 4 now are the competition. I think Wolves will improve. You have to hope that the other 3 continue to fall off.

I'm not convinced Wolves will fly up the league, very few goals in their team.

Surely Hasenhuttl will be sacked soon so I actually think Southampton could get up the league a bit if they get a safety first manager in, don't know if Dyche fits their model but he wouldn't be the worst shout for them.

We will struggle if we don’t make the right signings in January. I think we will finish above wolves forest Southampton Bournemouth tho.
At the moment there's a bit of a goal difference gulf between those four and the rest of the teams in the lower half of the table, and at this point I think GD is a good indicator of how badly wrong things are going at each club. I'd say that every team from 11th to us in 16th is definitely on the fringes of trouble and all have problems (ours is clearly attack) but the goal difference bears out the fact the four you mention all have multiple serious issues, and that's a far more difficult thing to solve.

January is still vital but at least we know clearly what the problem is and can take steps to solve it. Like you say though, the four teams below us look to have bigger problems.

Well look at that table. There might be a fair bit of loving from us fans players and Frank Lampard, but the table paints a picture, all is not well. Time to
take them blue tinted specs off. The players and Lampard need to address this immediately.

The saving grace is there are few games between now and the transfer window. 2 of the 3 league games (Bournemouth and City) probably won't yield any points, in fact may as well throw in Wolves too.

At the moment there's a bit of a goal difference gulf between those four and the rest of the teams in the lower half of the table, and at this point I think GD is a good indicator of how badly wrong things are going at each club. I'd say that every team from 11th to us in 16th is definitely on the fringes of trouble and all have problems (ours is clearly attack) but the goal difference bears out the fact the four you mention all have multiple serious issues, and that's a far more difficult thing to solve.

January is still vital but at least we know clearly what the problem is and can take steps to solve it. Like you say though, the four teams below us look to have bigger problems.
I know what you mean but goal difference doesn’t always tell the full story. Bournemouth’s looks awful but -16 of the -17 they’re on came in 3 consecutive games before they changed manager. For us, it’s good that we haven’t been completely capitulating, but we haven’t scored in 4 of the last 5 and that’s a massive issue. If things stay the same then our goal difference will never be terrible but if we can’t score enough goals to win games it won’t matter.

Yeah we aren’t leaking goals and that’s a good sign. If we can make the right attacking purchases in January we will be just fine.
This is an enormous "If" though

When was the last time we made the right attacking signing at the right time? When was last time we signed a proper goalscorer.

Our recruitment is an utter embarrassment. I wouldn't have even the slightest bit of faith in this club getting it right

They aren’t I just think west ham and Villa have more options in attack than we do.

Villa were good today and have actually won 4 out of 7 home games. We know from last season that solid home form can make the difference in trying to avoid finishing 18th.

West Ham will win enough games v bottom half teams.

People are still talking like Goodison is some invincible fortress, you're not finishing that high outside the bottom 3 if you win just two out of 7 home games I'm afraid.

This is an enormous "If" though

When was the last time we made the right attacking signing at the right time? When was last time we signed a proper goalscorer.

Our recruitment is an utter embarrassment. I wouldn't have even the slightest bit of faith in this club getting it right
1) Jelavic
2) Lukaku

I'm not convinced Wolves will fly up the league, very few goals in their team.

Surely Hasenhuttl will be sacked soon so I actually think Southampton could get up the league a bit if they get a safety first manager in, don't know if Dyche fits their model but he wouldn't be the worst shout for them.

They also concede a lot of goals.

Yeah we aren’t leaking goals and that’s a good sign. If we can make the right attacking purchases in January we will be just fine.

I see two problems: 1) this weakness was obvious in the summer and they didn't address it; 2) the people that get to decide where to spend the transfer dollars have contributed to the current lack of scoring and there is little evidence they would recognize a difference maker in their price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.