Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forest Bournemouth Leeds Leicester Villa Southampton all look more disorganised than we do. Sure some might have picked up a win or two already, but I don’t see the consistency in performance from any of them compared to what we’ve been doing last few games.

Some of these teams are going to lose a lot of games in a row (you can already see that for Forest and Leicester). We might lose games but I can see us giving everyone a game.

Some interesting odds at the minute. Bookies have Leicester as bigger favourites than Fulham to go down and Leeds as seventh favourite, Brentford as ninth. This wouldn’t have been the perception in the summer, so there’s going to be a lot more changes.

Agree with what others have said, there’s a good chance we are in the mud going into the World Cup, but I don’t think we are one of the three worst sides.

Forest Bournemouth Leeds Leicester Villa Southampton all look more disorganised than we do. Sure some might have picked up a win or two already, but I don’t see the consistency in performance from any of them compared to what we’ve been doing last few games.

Some of these teams are going to lose a lot of games in a row (you can already see that for Forest and Leicester). We might lose games but I can see us giving everyone a game.
We've been competitive in every match so far. This is critical. Next week will tell another tale. We went to Arsenal having saved ourselves last season and got hammered. There can be no repeat this time.

It looks like we are transitioning away from a midfield that an old boys walking football team could shuffle past to one that looks like it'll be able to compete with the very best. Also a jelly defense that looked terrified and making fearful mistakes AOTS to one with real metal and leadership within it. Once Dom is back and if Gordon continues his progression then it will be a case that no team will fancy playing us. Top 8 should be the target.

We've been competitive in every match so far. This is critical. Next week will tell another tale. We went to Arsenal having saved ourselves last season and got hammered. There can be no repeat this time.
I'd say we arguably didn't deserve to lose any game this season (in the sense we couldn't have got a result) and we could have arguably took three points from most.

We're at the races, so when things click we'll be fine. I honestly do not understand why, currently, people are so concerned about relegation.

I'd say we arguably didn't deserve to lose any game this season (in the sense we couldn't have got a result) and we could have arguably took three points from most.

We're at the races, so when things click we'll be fine. I honestly do not understand why, currently, people are so concerned about relegation.
I think the reality is if we lose to Arsenal and United in the coming weeks and get draws (or worse) against the likes of West Ham and Southampton, then we are staring down the barrel again. Because we have failed to win any of the games we were competitive in so far, we have no margin of error on the table to absorb a poorish run between now and the World Cup. So, we do actually need to start translating competitive performances into a few wins.

People are on a bit of a high after the draw yesterday and the solid, if slow, progress points-wise in recent weeks, but a few losses leave us at the bottom of the table. That brings its own pressure. The danger is a spiral.

Fairly obviously, we’re one of only 2 teams yet to win a game, the lowest possession stats in the league, and not really looked like scoring or even creating much. We’ve signed new players but I still think attacking and possession wise we are running uphill.

absolutely this, and that is what the players will feel too. They'll feel the improvements, they'll know that games are within reach and wins are coming. Confidence looks good even without a win, get a win then others will follow. As always, our season will depend on injuries to key players.

Last edited:

We have been consistent in having the worst possesion stats in the premier league.

Only us and Leicester yet to win a game.

Fairly obviously, we’re one of only 2 teams yet to win a game, the lowest possession stats in the league, and not really looked like scoring or even creating much. We’ve signed new players but I still think attacking and possession wise we are running uphill.
While I dont disagree with what you have said, i do believe that we have a new defence, new midfield and a new forward line. If that is to be our first 11 (at least until DCL is available) then that was their first game together? I think this side will improve exponentially once they become more familair with each others style of play, strengths, weaknesses etc. I am not saying this side will compete for Europe, but we will start blowing some teams away I have no doubt. We played one of the best sides in Europe yesterday and whilst we had luck on our side, had we won, nobody would have thought it a fluke? On that basis I do think we have every right to be confident for the coming season.

The biggest positive for me is that we have seen Coady and Onana take very heavy challenges and just run them off. That is the most positive change I have seen, no more begging to come off because someone bumped into them!

There are some promising signs for us but our ability to remove ourselves from this will be whether Dominic Calvert-Lewin can return and play at the level from a couple of seasons ago. I think our fixture list is actually quite unkind. The only home banker we have had was Forest. The other 2 home games being Chelsea and RS and the next 2 are West Ham and United who are top half teams on paper. So I think we will be right down there at the World Cup break. Hoping though we should have a strong finish using the same logic
I think the squad is a lot more solid. DCl is a big piece of the jigsaw but even maupay up front we should have enough this season not to put ourselves in a woeful situation like last April and May.

teams get away with it now and again. not 2 years in a row. it's essential we gain 3 points esp at home against midtable to bottom table teams. take a draw away from home v any team.

? think your confusing me with someone else.
What I said was our form this season and going back 15 games is concerning for me and we need to win / score more.

Continuing as we are over these last 15 games equates to 45 points over a season. It would appear that is satisfactory for some, personally I’d prefer a few more.

Should also add form and performance are not the same, the former can be bad despite the latter being good.
Last season is irrelevant, different team now, new players and unbeaten in 5, wins will come

Status
Not open for further replies.